My wife and I have very busy jobs and to find a place like the Meridian Club was previously just a dream. The trip from the midwest was remarkably easy and once we arrived on the island and saw the pristine beaches devoid of any people we felt like we stepped off a speeding train! The staff immediately put us at ease and we soon got to know most of them by first name. The amenities and service are simple and typical of island living but cleanliness of the whole island was exceptional and the rooms were beyond comfortable. If you are looking for night life and shopping this is not the place to be but if you are yearning for a relaxing and romantic getaway or a peaceful family vacation where you actually spend time together then look no further. We felt like we owned the place and were all alone but it was magical how the staff was immediately available for the asking. The daily feast of the gourmet meals and fresh breads and cookies were a delight but usually healthy. The security force and isolation of this island put us at ease and the only danger my wife would fear would be from my sailing exploits!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay