A perfect trip! The setting is relaxed and casual yet has an upscale feel. Pine Cay and The Meridian Club are ideal for those looking to get away from it all. No phones, cars, tvs and yes, air conditioning. There was a constant breeze to keep us cool. The staff are incredibly friendly and service oriented. They made our family reunion truly special. The food is fabulous. There are various activities to keep you busy during the day. Snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, biking and tennis kept our crew of 15 occupied. We also enjoyed a 'jump-up' with live music, beach bonfire, "drive-in movie" at the airstrip from our golfcarts (complete with popcorn) at night. The Meridian Club is truly an extraordinary place that makes you feel like family. We really felt like we got to know the staff and appreciate the extra effort they put in to make our trip perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, West Indies and Priceline so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay