Our adult family group of 7 just returned from a one week's stay at Eugenia, a 4 bedroom 4 bath private home on Pine Cay. We took all meals at the Meridian Club dining room. Although described to us by the rental agent as "rustic", the Eugenia was very comfortable and the layout gave 3 couples and a single plenty of privacy and a great gathering space for all. Although farther from the beach than anticipated, we could easily take our golf cart down a nearby path nearly to the edge of the beach. We were entertained by the resident iguana and by the daily feedings of ghekkos by the mother kestrel to her baby on our roof. This was a wonderful and casual place to stay and we all hope to return.
Meridian Club staff is outstanding - genuine and friendly. Food cooked by local cooks was truly superb each and every meal. The men in our group enjoyed fishing but were slightly disappointed that there were not more boats available for bonefishing excursions. They did enjoy fishing from shore and at one point the staff dropped them off for wading on their own. Shelling and snorkeling trips were easily arranged at no extra charge. Although we had read about problems with bugs on previous Trip Advisor comments, we encountered relatively few bugs.
Meridian Club was a great find!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay