After the drudgery of months of cold and snow, we as a small group of good friends headed for Pine Cay. The minute we hit the dock for the 20 minute boat ride to the island, it was total enjoyment and relaxation. Gorgeous private island, a couple dozen widely spaced private residences, and just 9 (I think) guest rooms adjacent to the main building which includes dining room, bar and outdoor eating areas, beautiful pool, etc. It's not for the traveler who wants glitz and total pampering. It's for those looking to get away from the cold (or the t.v.) to beautiful, serene surroundings and true down time. The white sand beach is virtually deserted, and the water is blue beyond imagination.
The more active in our group (me!) enjoyed sailing, bike rides, running. Didn't get to snorkel or fish, but heard from others both are great. Others just curled up with a good book in sun or shade, enjoyed the breathtaking sunsets, and...eat. (Food was delicious and plentiful; a highlight was fresh wahoo, caught nearby by a guest. The goat cheese, spinach and wild mushroom omelet was a treat, as was the fresh fruit).
Bev and Wally, the managers, are delightful caring hosts, attentive when needed. Many of the staff are veterans, having been there years ago when I last visited. Hated to leave, hope to be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay