I really don't want to write about how wonderful this place is because the more people write, the more "the secret's out". But, I guess I learned about this place through reviews so I have to...
The Meridian Club is amazing. It is so calm, peaceful, and beautiful. You couldn't ask for a better place to relax and unwind (especially right after a wedding!). My husband and I came here on our honeymoon for 4 nights and it was not enough time. Although the water was a bit cold (we were there right before Christmas), we still had a fantastic few days.
The island is gorgeous, and the rooms are perfect for a romantice vacation. The staff were all super friendly and the food was great. We really enjoyed our vacation.
That being said, I'm not sure this place is for everyone (as others have mentioned). This is a place for those who want to disconnect and relax-- not watch TV, play on computers, blackberries, etc. Schedules are also a bit regimented with specific meal times (although we were always starving and excited for lunches and dinners).
We're looking forward to our next trip to the Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay