Amazing little resort! I almost hate writing this review because I may not be able to get a reservation next year. I want to keep it a secret. Rather than taking up lots of space, all I can say is that you need to read all the excellent reviews and they reflect my sentiments as well. We were in room 6 Mar 6-15, 2012. All 13 rooms are beach front. Perfect weather, superb sunsets (even saw the "green flash") twice. The focus here is totally for those who want or need an excape from the world. It is a private island with no TV, no A/c (not needed), no phones, no radios, no clocks, no cars, no paved roads, golf carts only..amazingly refreshing. I wasn't sure if I could survive that environment, but after 2 days, I managed to get the hang of it. If you want night life, and lots of distractions, then stay on Provo, San Juan, Miami, Las Vegas whatever. If you need to totally unwind in a serene environment where all one hears is the wind blowing in the trees, excellent food, attentive and genuinely friendly staff many of whom have been there for decades, spotless facility, friendly people to mingle with, beautiful sandy seemingly unending empty beach, balmy breezes (great for kite flying), 78 degree water, then this is your place. I absolutely have to commend Wally and Bev (managers) for their intense concern for the welfare of every guest. In fact, it would not be uncommon to be sitting with them during lunch or dining hours. I have never experienced managers in any place I have ever been who have been so cordial and visibly interactive with the guests. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point that The Meridian Club is one of the most unique laid back places ever. Again, I suggest you read all the reviews along with their web site info, and you will get a very accurate description of what is (or is not ) there. Your satisfaction lies in what you are looking for. Roger and Bobbi found it!!!
PS: One insider tip....don't go during Christmas vacation time. It's when all the association families and their children and grand children are there and pretty much take over the facility. Cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, West Indies, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay