I visited the Meridian Club with a friend in March and stayed in one of the villas. This was one of many visits I have made here over the last 20 years. It only gets better and better, perhaps largely in comparison with other Caribbean resorts that all seem to be patterned after one another and mimic allof the current trends. The Meridian Club and Pine Cay are truly unique...no crowds, lots of green spaceon the island and beaches to die for. Food at the restaurant was spectacular, the staff so genuinely friendly and the managers more available and attentive than at any resort I have ever been to.
The Meridian Club is committed to retaining its magical formula. Upgrades and minor changes are made, but the ambience remains the same....intimate, ecologically sensitive and low key. A small spa is a great addition and exemplifies the Club's approach of integrating change without destroying the ambience. The massages by Yani, the Balinese attendant , are the best I have ever had anywhere.
There are no worries about safety either, something that can easily spoil a vacation.
Pine Cay is a private island. We never felt the need to lock our doors or worry about walking the beaches alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, West Indies, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay