arriving at provincials(capital city) we were met by the manager beverly plachta and immediately taken to the dock for a 25 minute ride to pine cay. the meridian club is on a private island with a 13 room lodge and what they call the homey moon lodge. the rooms ate decorated in very tasteful pastel colors. you have showers inside/outside, seperated dressing,sitting rooms, enclosed screen patio with immediate access to the beach. the view is spectacular with the aqua blue water and broad clean beaches. the ability to see the stars at night with out ambient city lights has to be seen to be believed. i could go on and on. the staff were spot on with service and very friendly. the chefs outdid themselves though i understand this is the norm. this is a definite repeat visit. a perfect place to decompress. highly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, West Indies and Priceline so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay