“Adventure on Salt Kay”
Review of Salt Cay Divers

Salt Cay Divers
Reviewed September 4, 2012

They say that it's not the destination, but the ride getting there! But when you get to Salt Kay the ride begins...My girlfriend and I got to Salt Kay and started to take in the beauty that envelopes this island. Our second day on the island, we made our way to Salt Kay divers and the Coral Reef Grill. This was our first encounter with Debbie. We must of asked her question after question and with the most calm and collective manner, she comforted us on all our concerns on scuba diving. Before we knew it the next day we were getting our lesson from Debbie. Like an angel in water, she made us feel as comfortable as possible. After a little while we were heading out to do our first dive. On our first dive, Debbie personally guided us as we discovered an entirely new world. Later that night we spent the night having dinner at the Coral Reef Grill with our new friends, Oli, Debbie, Rowland, Becky, and Michelle. If your lucky enough, Olivier aka "Oli", Salt Kay Master Diver and native of Salt Kay, will entertain you with his stories of Salt Kay and his different adventures/ exeriences. After that experience we were hooked and we hope to make it back to swim with the migrating humpback whales in March with Debbie and the rest of the Salt Kay divers team. We cant thank all of you enough for the good times. Johnny and Tammy

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"shore"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of diving 7 days with Salt Cay Divers in May, 2012. We have been to many locations in the Caribbean and the diving here ranks towards the top. The coral was healthy and fish were numerous. Richard, our dive master, was excellent. He knew the dive sites well and diagrammed the sites on a chaulk board prior to each dive. Most dive sites are a short 5 - 10 minutes boat ride. We made a trip to the Endymion wreck which was about a 45 minute boat ride. It was well worth it. On the way back Richard stopped at a secluded beach on Salt Cay - a real treat! Debbie Manos, the owner of Salt Cay Divers, is the best. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy and taken care of. We stayed at the Tradewinds, a short walk from the the dive operation and eating area at the Coral Reef. The rooms at the Tradewinds are basic, but clean and air conditioned with a small kitchenette. There a approximately 100 people on the island and everyone we met was friendly and happy to see us. If you are looking for a relaxing, off the beaten path, dive trip this is one of the best.

2  Thank Jim S
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife just reviewed or week stay on Salt Cay
at Tradewinds. So now I want to say a few words
about Salt Cay Divers.

Salt Cay Divers is a top notch operation. Small
boat, no crowds (June) in fact at times I was the
only diver along with Richard the dive master. It
can be hot in June but the water is perfect. Cool
and refreshing with nice breezes.

SCD is full service and the most relaxed diving I
have experienced. Richard the dive master is the
best. 100% from dive profile to taking equipment
on and off the boat. No set up is needed, Richard
takes care of it all!!

Going to Salt Cay to dive is an experience unlike no
other. The island has understandable short comings
but you don't go there for glitz and glitter. If that's what
you want find a tourist haven.

You go to Salt Cay for the isolation, great water and North
Beach has to be one of the most beautiful in the Caribbean.

For that....I will return!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from Salt Cay, where we dove with Salt Cay Divers for 8 days. The dive sights were varied and primarily only a 5 minute boat ride from the dive shop. Richard, the dive master was fantastic and led safe long dives and knew the sites well, in addition to the names of fish, coral, etc. We had breakfast each morning at the Coral Reef and Enye cooked a great breakfast burrito for us most mornings, which we shared. We came back to the dive shop area between morning dives and usually pre-ordered lunch at the Coral Reef so it was nearly ready after cleaning our dive gear. Debbie wore so many hats during the week! She was a truly genuine person who cared about each of us and made certain anything we needed was taken care of. Salt Cay is a one-of-a-kind island and needs visitors who are laid back! As we did not stay at Tradewinds, we would have enjoyed a more up-to-date changing area, but really this was a most memorable dive vacation. Loved the day trip to the Endymion Wreck, as well as the 3 dives at Grand Turk, but mostly loved diving within proximity to Salt Cay!

1  Thank Ronni-Jo C