“I still dream of breakfast here!”

Daniel's Cafe by the Sea
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Daniel's Cafe is a family owned and operated local restaurant on Middle Caicos, a beautiful unspoiled island in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Located in Conch Bar village, Daniel's Cafe is right on the sea shore, with fabulous ocean views, great sea breezes - and whale watching from the patio January to March each year. WE WILL OPEN on DEC 1, 2016, currently closed, as our renovations are taking a bit longer than we hoped! Daniel's Cafe is Open Tuesday to Friday for lunch from 11am to 3pm...... so come on by - Daniel and the staff will be happy to welcome you!! Catch the LUNCH SPECIAL : choose Cracked Conch or Pan Fried Fish served with home made bread, fresh salad and mouth watering peas 'n rice for only $20.00! Come and relax, listen to great music, enjoy a fabulous local meal on the seashore patio and meet some great local TCI islanders............. While you are here, right next door you can visit the Middle Caicos Co-op for the best selection of handcrafts in Turks & Caicos! Daniel's Cafe is happy to host large groups for special events and custom catering anytime with reservation well in advance. Please visit our website for more information. PLEASE NOTE OUR SEASONAL CLOSURE SEPT 1 - NOV 1 2016 : Extended to DEC 1, 2016!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I still dream of breakfast here!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I visited Daniel's during a press trip years ago. We dined there for breakfast - I'm not even sure they served breakfast normally then. They serve lunch now. We had conch and grits for breakfast, and it was - hands down - the best conch I've ever eaten.

Daniel is so friendly, and the atmosphere is laid back. When I return to Turks and Caicos, I will definitely make my way back to Daniel's.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank KTolley

“Great food great people and beautiful area.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food is simple but very fresh. the special of the day is what you should order. The cracked conch and whole fried snapper were delicious.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Enite
Washington, DC
“Awesome Atmosphere, Friendly Service, & Great Food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you’re looking for “authentic” island feeling, Daniel’s Café is the place to go, hands-down. The combination of the reggae music, island breeze, and amazing food was well worth the craziness of trying to find it. We went initially looking for the Middle Caicos Co-Op. We found it, right next to Daniel’s Café. We met both Daniel and his son Devon—both very charming and welcoming. The cracked conch was wonderful and the peas and rice was so delicious—much better than what’s served in Provo. A must, if you’re in Middle Caicos.

Montreal, Canada
“Good local food and more !”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stopped there as I have been told that it was the best restaurant in North Caicos. Daniel's son, Devon, was there to welcome me as I was the only one there that day. He's a rasta and very cool. Great reggae music playing in the background. I also met Daniel and his grand son who's almost 2. I ordered the fried fish with rice and beans and a salad. Did not even need to add lemon: it was spicy and not greasy which I really appreciated. The rice was ok but it's haitian rice so I know how it's cooked and it could have been better. But if you don't know how good haitian food is, than, you gonna love the rice there. As for the price, it was $23 for the plate. Under $20 would have been more fair.

Devon is from TCI so he will give you plenty of the infos you need. On your way back, do not hesitate to stop a second time to get something cold to drink. Also, try to take a look at their cooperative in the back and encourage the ladies who fabricate the bags and so on themselves and even export some to California.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Authentic food, hilarious double act!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited this restuarant last weekend as part of a family visit to Middle and North Caicos. My dad had been raving about this place and after I ate there, I am a new convert.
If you are on any of the Turks and Caicos islands, then you absolutely must make time to visit nearby Bambarra beach and have lunch here. The menu is limited because all of the options are fresh but if you want to taste delicious, homemade, authentic conch salad or fish - this is the place to visit. Run by friendly father and son team - Daniel Forbes & Devaughn(Devon) Forbes, a visit here feels like you've entered their house for a family meal. They regaled us with tales of their past and the island's history all whilst we were munching on delicious snapper and conch - heaven!