If you are looking for lights, glitz, loud nightlife or casinos in a resort, stop reading now.
But if you are interested in peaceful, relaxing, natural beauty read on........Blue Horizon Resort was everything we hoped for. Our first few days we had this beautiful beach below the cottage to ourselves. Our Sunrise cottage was neat and very comfortable, but it is the view that really stands out. The deck and front windows overlook Dragon Cay which is a short distance off the beach. On the first day, the sandbar leading from the beach to the Cay at low tide allowed us to walk to the cay without getting our feet wet. Over the 2 weeks we stayed, the sand shifted daily with the tides and the waves. At the end we had to wade the last 30 feet to the Dragon. The water is as beautiful as their website shows. We watched the waves crash on and over the Dragon on windy days. It was like mother nature's fireworks!! We never tired of watching the changing waves, sand and beach.
Besides the view, we took kayaks out 2 days in through the mangroves and out around the end of the island where we saw rays, turtles and a variety of sea birds. The kayaks can be propelled by a bicycle mechanism and/or with the paddle. This was so much fun that we stayed out 4 hours. Another day we rode the bikes all around the island for a total of 26 miles. We hiked the Crossing Place trail and saw one isolated beach after another. The beaches are beautiful, but unfortunately the amount of trash washed up is incredible. Mudjin Beach below the resort has been kept clean (we tried to do our part to pick up trash on our daily beach walks).
Middle Caicos has very few people and very few options for eating. Daniel's was very good and we had food from Dillion's delivered. Otherwise we cooked for ourselves. Christie and Dallas had lobster we could buy and they had us fully stocked with the pre-arranged grocery list we sent. There are no corner 7-11's or fast food to drop in as desired, but this is just what we wanted.
Christi and Dallas (and Allie) were perfect hosts! All we had to do was ask and they provided a car, bikes, kayaks, fins, food, etc. We were able to request fresh locally baked bread and additional food as needed and it would show up the next day.
We highly recommend Blue Horizon Resort for those that want independence, relaxation and a quiet, beautiful destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Horizon Resort - Natural Beauty, Adventure and Tranquility. Located on Middle Caicos, Blue Horizon Resort's newly reinvented boutique eco-resort and wedding destination is unrivaled in the Caribbean. Set amidst stunning Mudjin Harbor and Dragon Cay, the scenery and tranquil turquoise waters are dramatic and unparalleled. Five fully equipped Caribbean style cottages and two larger villas are set perfectly into the landscape each with spectacular views. You will find your own private beach paradise at Blue Horizon Resort and all of our activities and excursions have been designed to compliment the natural settings without disturbing our fragile ecosystem. Concierge services are available and include tour arrangements, groceries and any special requests. Enjoy fishing, kayaking, caving and snorkeling. Or, simply relax and take pleasure in the serene beauty of your surroundings. Whether its adventure, romance or tranquility you seek this small intimate resort and friendly personal service will ensure a truly memorable escape. Our restaurant, Mudjin Bar & Grill, offers the best view in all of Turks and Caicos - Patio and indoor dining available - Serving Lunch Daily and Dinner by reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Horizon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Middle Caicos
- Blue Horizon Resort Middle Caicos, Turks And Caicos