We stayed at Blue Horizon Resort from October 23-29 2012. Christi, who is the resort manager, contacted us by email a month before we arrived to see if we needed the grocery service or rental car. Her and her right hand man DC will take care of everything for you if you need it. She set our rental car but since we were staying in Provo a few nights before we went to Middle Caicos we brought our own food. I would highly recommend taking advantage of letting them stock up the food for you. Being our first time to TCI, we had a lot of questions for her before we arrived and she was great about answering quickly. I also highly recommend viewing the TCI forums here on Trip Advisor, the information was invaluable. After taking the ferry over to North Caicos our rental car guy that Christi set up for us was there waiting for us. We opted for a car, but it's worth it to spend a few extra bucks for a jeep. You can also take advantage of renting a cell phone through Christi too. After crossing the causeway to Middle Caicos it's a couple of minutes drive to BHR, very easy to find. As soon as we pulled in Christi came out to greet us and show us our cottage. We stayed in the Tropico cottage and it was very cute and had pretty much everything you'll need besides personal products. There's satellite tv with lots of channels and wifi. The wifi was spotty but no big deal. It's surrounded by foliage and had good privacy but still had a view of the water and some of Dragon Cay. It was windy and rained here and there due to Hurricane Sandy, but there were no problems with that. The wind really helped keep the Mosquitos down and we didn't have no-see-ums until the last night when the wind laid down. They can get through the screens so just use repellant. We brought one bottle of repellant and that lasted the two of us. They were doing construction on the soon to open restaurant and other than the backhoe being noisy a few days it wasn't that bothersome. If you explore the island there are a lot of great things to see but even with a map you can get directions from Christi or DC. Not a lot of street signs or they can be hard to see. We went to the Indian caves just a few minutes from resort, went to Wild Cow Run which is a MUST. We were the only ones everyplace we went. Went to Daniel's Cafe for lunch and had great conch and a great time with Daniel and his son Devon. BHR had pathways to several lookout points and to the secret beach. You could also hike the trail, but we didn't. Lot's of lizards and hermit's everywhere but never in the cottage. We saw some osprey's, flamingos and herons. You'll be warned about leaving food out because of tiny ants and that is no joke, but we just kept stuff put away and they weren't a problem after that. Tried to set up a bone fishing trip but the weather didn't allow. Mudjin Harbor and Dragon Cay are a great place to just float and relax-even saw some barracuda. The resident potcake Grouper came to visit us a lot and we enjoyed his company. The screened in porch was great at all times of day or night and opening the windows and sliding doors was nice and quiet. The amount of stars you can see at night is breathtaking. I've never seen so many. If you are looking for a place that is off the beaten path, not looking for nightlife or shopping or a lot of people, this is THE place. It's a place for people looking to get away from it all. We rarely saw other cars when we went driving around. We loved our time at Blue Horizon and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Horizon Resort - Natural Beauty, Adventure and Tranquility. Located on Middle Caicos, Blue Horizon Resort's newly reinvented boutique eco-resort and wedding destination is unrivaled in the Caribbean. Set amidst stunning Mudjin Harbor and Dragon Cay, the scenery and tranquil turquoise waters are dramatic and unparalleled. Five fully equipped Caribbean style cottages and two larger villas are set perfectly into the landscape each with spectacular views. You will find your own private beach paradise at Blue Horizon Resort and all of our activities and excursions have been designed to compliment the natural settings without disturbing our fragile ecosystem. Concierge services are available and include tour arrangements, groceries and any special requests. Enjoy fishing, kayaking, caving and snorkeling. Or, simply relax and take pleasure in the serene beauty of your surroundings. Whether its adventure, romance or tranquility you seek this small intimate resort and friendly personal service will ensure a truly memorable escape. Our restaurant, Mudjin Bar & Grill, offers the best view in all of Turks and Caicos - Patio and indoor dining available - Serving Lunch Daily and Dinner by reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Horizon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Middle Caicos
- Blue Horizon Resort Middle Caicos, Turks And Caicos