“A nice stay overall” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oxtongue Lake
Toronto, Canada
“A nice stay overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I need to get out of the busy schedule and unplug for a while so I decided to stay here. I am amazed by the service because the service staff is very nice and there are a lot of things that you can do here mostly nature adventures. Overall the stay went well it was just what I needed. I would recommend staying here at Algonquin Lakeside Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
St. Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We booked ahead by phone. Package offered was 2 nights, 2 breakfasts, 2 suppers for 2 people. hen we got there, the guy at the desk was surprised we had booked the pkg - owner hadn't told him. So h was very accommodating - said not to worry, he could cook. Suppers were not bad. Breakfast was awful. "homefries" were actually soggy, oven heated french fries. scrambled eggs were eggs mushed around a pan with a fork. Plus we had to tell him ahead of time what time we were eating although they advertised "all year round restaurant" we were the only ones eating (he sat in the dark on a stool near us while we ate)
Picture shows lakefront Inn - technically it was but here is a major highway bridge right beside you and another hotel right cross the water and its very narrow at that point.
The room was clean and comfortable but had a funky smell. I think if they correct these things it could be a nice spot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Corrinne S

Travelers are raving about these Oxtongue Lake hotels

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Last week I visited Algonquin Lakeside Inn with my husband, must say it was indeed a memorable trip. The resort looked kind of newly renovated and had an exquisite lakeside view. It is a pretty convenient location, if you are looking to visit the Algonquin Park and Ragged waterfalls. In addition the staff was real nice and accommodating. The weather was also so good few of those days that my husband and I could enjoy a perfect hiking. Overall it’s a perfect place to be away from home. I told my husband I would definitely like to come back here and recommend it to our friends too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We went to ALGONQUIN inn last weekend and it became one of our most memorable trip. It was my first time leaving my house and going for a wonderful trip in Canada. After a very busy schedule and in a very long time my friends and I had so much fun. The staff was really helpful as it was our first time. We bought ALGONQUIN park pass for only half price and they also arranged guided moose trip for us. It was an amazing experience for me as well as my friends. We had a great weekend and also we saved a lot of money because the motel was running special 25% off on accommodation and meal. I would recommend ALGONQUIN Lakeside inn to everybody:)

• Stayed April 2014
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked our accommodation for its proximity to Algonquin Park through booking.com.
It was decent when we pulled up but when we got to the room it was far away from relaxing, and comfortable room! It was Shabby, disappointing and the decor in the room is out of date and housekeeping was horrible. Although the front desk staff was pleasant and helpful, there was no making up for the sad state of the room. Carpet was dirty, food and garbage under the bed, towels were stained and of poor quality and the beds gave us the most uncomfortable night’s "rest" we have ever had as the beds are old and have springs poking through. I've stayed in nicer budget motels.
Breakfast is very limited & there is a restaurant for dinners but was never open, Would not stay there ever again!!!!!
A little research revealed other, nicer motels & cottage resorts in the same price range & location & have more amenities.

Room Tip: find somewhere else, there are lots of other choices.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank femcat2014
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I stay in hotels on a weekly basis for my work and I have had great service and flat out bad service. I've stayed in Hyatts, Ritz Carltons, Hilton's, etc. and I must say that the folks at the Algonquin Inn were EXCELLENT!
We checked in Valentine's night and were surprised with a free upgrade to a lake front room with a fireplace. Beautiful, rustic room with a clean comfy bed.
Will stay here again for sure!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked a weekend away at Algonquin Inn. When we arrived (Feb 14), they upgraded our room for Valentines to a suite with lake view and fireplace. Staff were very friendly and courteous. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hidden Valley Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville
Lakewoods Cottage Resort
The Lake of Bays Lodge

Been to Algonquin Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!