TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,064 results
All reviews kings house west highland way climbers bar rannoch moor bar food venison pie new building etive mor drying room teething problems great atmosphere wild deer main bar welcome sight pub grub ski centre spectacular views
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When we arrived at the car park the red deer were out greeting guests, the sun was shining, and the scenery breathtaking. This really is the most beautiful place I've been. The hotel is dwarfed by the surrounding mountains which you could look at all day.

The hotel has a nice lodge feel to it. We were extremely lucky with the weather, but I'd love to return in the snow, when I expect it feels even cosier. The reception staff were very friendly, and checkin was quick. Our room was good - good size and well laid out considering you may have wet clothes and muddy boots after a day walking. We were staying one night as a relaxation break whilst driving through Scotland, so we didn't need to worry about that!

The bed was large and comfy and had good quality linen which made it a pleasure to sleep in. The heating worked fast in warming up the room, which was needed once the sun disappeared behind the mountain. The bathroom was well equipped and the toiletries were lovely. Obviously, the view from the room was incredible.

Only 3 negatives:

1. the tea tray in the room had no 'normal' teabags, only herbal. The coffee, hot chocolates and shortbread were all great.

2. The cleanliness was good but not excellent. The tea tray had visible smears, and there was a brown ring around the plug in the bathroom sink.

3. I felt that the decor of the room was a little plain, which didn't quite match the rest of the hotel. Whilst I appreciate that the scenery should be allowed to speak for itself, I think at this price point it would be better to have a little more character in the room. That being said, I loved the photos and maps in the room, and the furnishings were of good standard.

Thank you all for a lovely stay, and I really hope to return again one day.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CustomerServiceExec, Guest Relations Manager at Kingshouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

TeamAmy, thank you for your lovely review. We're so pleased that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay overall. I am sorry for the aspects that you've mentioned that fell short of expectations, and I can assure you that the Head Housekeeper will be made aware of your comments, to take the appropriate action. We hope you can return again in the not too distant future, perhaps to experience Kingshouse Hotel in the snowy winter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After yet another long walk what a pleasure to arrive at the newly reopened hotel.
The setting is spectacular - can't complain with a large red deer near the hotel entrance.
The decor is excellent and sympathetic - light woods and tartans. The room was spacious and of extremely high quality.
We ate in the restaurant - top quality food the venison was superb.
Efficient and friendly staff throughout. This was the best stop so far on the WHW

Date of stay: September 2019

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay, robertsfc. It's wonderful to hear that you had a highly enjoyable visit, and I'll ensure your kind comments are shared with the whole team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here for lunch on a drive up through Glencoe. It had a lovely lodge feel to it. One side was all glass with views of the beautiful hills. The food was very good. We had fish and chips. No complaints. And a fabulous passionfruit slush topped with berries and edible flowers. I wish I had found this place before our trip....I would have made reservations to stay the night here!

Date of stay: September 2019

Leah H, we really appreciate all guest feedback, so thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We're glad that you enjoyed lunch at the hotel, and we would be delighted if you were able to return in future.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

We visited the hotel while walking the West Highland Way and after a rainy 30k walk the warm and inviting hotel was a sight for sore eyes. We found ourselves in a bit of a bind, but the staff helped us out without hesitation, Mike and Cameron in particular. They were incredibly welcoming and hospitable, keeping a smile on our faces the entire time. Thank you Mike and Cameron (and the rest of the staff) for making our visit so enjoyable!

Trip type: Traveled with family
CustomerServiceExec, Guest Relations Manager at Kingshouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Many thanks for reviewing Kingshouse Hotel, IrisK423. We are so pleased that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay, and it's great to hear that the team took good care of you. They will be delighted to hear your kind comments. We hope you can visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Having visited the area many times before we were excited to try this hotel once it opened and we're so very glad we did. It's a wonderfully designed build with a high standard finish that really captures the beauty of the local area ( the views from the restaurant are outstanding I think i could have breakfast there everyday and never get tired of them)
On arrival we were warmly welcomed by the reception team and shown to our room which was very clean, comfortable and spacious. We dined in the bar area both evenings which had a lovely menu that really highlighted the great produce the local area has to offer, the food was wonderful as was the service, huge thank you to the manager Kelly and her team for looking after us so well throughout our stay! I cannot recommend this hotel enough and we can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CustomerServiceExec, Guest Relations Manager at Kingshouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review, HannahH100710. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful and comfortable stay at Kingshouse Hotel. We will pass your lovely comments on to Kelly and the team. We can't wait to welcome you back sometime.