“Excellent homely hotel with 1st class food.”
Review of The Glencoe Inn

The Glencoe Inn
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed through Crerar Summer Sunshine Deal and it certainly lived up to being an excellent value break. Hotel was a nice cosy place to sit in the evening, with a good atmosphere. Staff were all attentive giving great service with a smile and the food was amazing, especially the mussels. Breakfast was superb with a great choice and without any supplements. Four in our party and all had something different. Cannot believe we got all this for what we paid. Rooms were adequate and warm with everything needed however the bathroom though functional could do with an upgrade. This would not deter us from coming back and hopefully we can get back for a return visit in the not to distant future!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
GMattheglencoehotel, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Thank your for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Glencoe Hotel. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I note that you mention that the bathrooms need some attention, unfortunatly they were not part of the initial refurbishment however we are looking into a replacement programme in the near future. I have passed on your kind words to the chefs and the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Booked this hotel on spur of moment, got a great DBB deal for a few days to enjoy the hills. The service was great, the bar was buzzing, the food was excellent (sorry couldnt eat 3 courses in the evening!), breakfasts were brilliant and ther service was very welcoming. The hotel was completely refurbished but there are still a few items that are outstanding - ie bathrooms need more work, but a great stay and will be back again to enjoy the scenery and hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed there with a photography group and had a great time. The food was excellent, probably the best salmon I ever had. We went back again when the restaurant was closed and ate in the bar area. The rooms were clean and bed was comfy. If we went back, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010

Thank your for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Glencoe Hotel. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and have passed on your kind words to the chefs and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed here in March with my hubby and another couple. Both of our rooms were perfectly adequate considering the excellent value for money price we paid. We were on a walking weekend and were supplied with a lovely packed lunch for our walk, breakfast was excellent as was dinner, we were very well catered for when we asked for anything from tomato sauce to a different pudding, and always with a warm smile and even a wee laugh. My friend felt so at home that she came for breakfast in her P.J's. Some little bits and bobs need done around the hotel but the atmosphere more than makes up for it. Had a lovely time and cant wait to come back, shame its such a long drive to get there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank your for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Glencoe Hotel. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, it's great when guest really feel like they can treat it like their own home. I have passed on your kind words to the chefs and the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

We were charged £95 for B & B for two for a room which was only the size of a single room, with a double bed in it. So cramped only one of us could walk about at a time!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
GMattheglencoehotel, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you felt that the rooms were overpriced. We check our competitor rates daily to make sure that we are selling in line with the rest of the marketplace. If you had made your complaint known to a member of staff at the time we would have done all we could to make your stay more enjoyable. If an alternative room was available then this would have been offered to you. May I once again apologise for what you felt was a poor value stay.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

I booked this hotel via EasyBreaks on a cheap late deal and am glad we did. After a race up the road to get to the hotel before the rather early last meal time of 8pm, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The mussels were the best I have ever had, the starters were also very good, and the cheeseboard was delicious. My wife enjoyed her meal also. One thing, the steak came with a £10 supplement but was only £5 more expensive than items on the normal menu. A bit of a rip-off there I feel. Also, the cheeseboard has a supplement but I wasn't advised of this. Saying that, I would have paid this anyway, but like to know these things beforehand!

The breakfasts were delicious, all nice produce and well cooked. Cut the cooking time on the black pudding though, its not meant to be crunchy. But all told, a lovely breakfast was had.

The room was clean, but the view wasn't great. Saying that, the deal was so cheap that the room was basically free after we had our dinner and breakfast. The sink was coming away from the wall in the bathroom, and I would say that the hotel does need some money spent on it. Some wallpaper is coming off the wall on the staircase, and the skirting boards are in poor repair.

The staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful, and we felt the service was efficient and unobtrusive. I don't like being asked how my meal is when I have a mouthful of it, and I am glad to say this didn't happen at the Glencoe.

All told, a very nice break, I would return, but I think a later last meal time, and lower supplements on the steaks would be good ideas. I wish the hotel every succes, and I hope to return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Glencoe Hotel, I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I am pleased to read that you especially enjoyed the food and have passed on your kind comments to the chefs. You mention the supplements, several guests have mentioned that they feel the supplements are too high and they are currently under review with a view to reducing them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I only used the restaurant here on a recent trip to Glencoe and it was without doubt the worst, most unfriendly and un professional service i have received in a restaurant. I have never written a restaurant review before but felt compelled to do so as there are much better restaurants in this area to spend your money. places where they actual give the impression they want your custom. We arrived at 7.15pm to be told in a very surly manner we could not sit in the restaurant as they wanted to close it so we ate in the bar, even tho the restaurant was supposedly open until much later. the food was obviously microwaved and was not good at all. when we asked the waitress if we could order desert she told us "yes but not from me. And make it quick as they are all going to leave". Do yourself a favour and spend the same or less oney at Clachaig Inn or Holly Tree where the food and service were fantastic

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience at The Glencoe Hotel. May I start by apologising for the level of service you received on this occasion? I must however stress that your experience is certainly not the norm. As you can see from many of the other reviews here we really pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service. I note that you ate with us during January - one of our quietest months. During this time we sometimes shut the restaurant if we have no residents in the hotel. The bar is just as nice, has lovely views down the loch and benefits from the heat of our wood burning stove. Once again I apologise for the poor service you received and hope that this will not deter you from returning to eat with us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glencoe Village
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish
Onich Hotel
Onich Hotel
#1 of 2 in Onich

Been to The Glencoe Inn? Share your experiences!