Kirkconnel Hall Hotel
Queens Hotel(Lockerbie)
$82
Kings Arms(Lockerbie)
The Corner House Hotel(Annan)(Great Value!)
$52
$163
$146
$117
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastbath waternothing too much troublewarm receptiona lovely evening meallots of hot waterquirky hotelspent two nightscomfortable bedhomemade fooddecorated to a very high standardovernight stopsteak piesalmonhome madedouble roomfeel very welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a lovely Quirky place!

We were made to feel welcome from the start to the finish of our stay. John and his wife are lovely it was Home from Home! The food was very good and continental breakfast was quite enough, filling. Lovely grounds for our dog to run around in and she made a lovely friend in Louis the Shitzu.

Thanks for a nice stay :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnSargeant, Owner at Kirkconnel Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review, and all our team are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that Louis our dog was at his most hospitable best, he's definitely our greatest asset it would appear!!!!!
We hoep to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and i booked a two night stay for my in-laws at the hotel and they were delighted with their 2 night stay. The staff could not do enough to make sure they were welcome and looked after. My in-laws had a meal on the first night of the visit and confirmed that the food was excellent, as was the breakfast each morning. Beautiful old hotel and gardens. Would certainly recommend for a peaceful break away.

Room Tip: Room to side of hotel had excellent view of gardens.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review, all the team at the Kirkconnel Hall Hotel are pleased your in-laws enjoyed their stay.
If you could pass on our thanks for them forwarding this kind review and that we hope to see them again the future that would be very much appreciated.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My daughter booked this for me and my wife, when we called to book John was more than helpful
We arrived Friday night and were greeted by a warm freindly host once settled we had dinner in the lounge area the food was very nice and fresh
The hotel is steeped in family/ local history this is a hotel for a quiet break rooms were large warm very clean and on suite was very clean lots of hot water for a great shower (had to turn temp down)
John made the weekend with his friendly and helpfull charm
Would recommend also excellently placed for travel to Lockerbie or Gretna

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnSargeant, Owner at Kirkconnel Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hello again!

Im so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it is indeed our in intention to greet everyone with a hospitable and warm welcome, even if the weather outside is chilly!

We do hope that you visit us again in the future, and we will ensure thewater is as hot as it was this time for you.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were looking for a relaxing break with easy access from the motorway en route to Glasgow. This was just the ticket, made to feel very welcome by the hosts John and Babs. The hall is a large space with plenty to see looking around are the wonderful antiques . exquisite fireplaces. The bedroom was light and airy with good quality bedding for a relaxing night's sleep. Lovely and warm heating on and fires all lit perfectly. Home made food with a lovely choice of vegetables and salads Every-thing was there to give a comfortable stay with good company. I took a bath to relax and there was plenty of hot water and towels. Very clean hotel i was impressed by quality of service.
Easy access to Carlisle , Lockerbie , and shopping at outlet shops at Gretna Green. Highly recommend this hotel. So nice to be with such nice people.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
kirkconnel, General Manager at Kirkconnel Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, and we are all so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your baths!!!!!
We hope you will visit us again in the near future, possibly when the weather is slightly better.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I received KGB deal voucher as a gift which expires on 30th April 2013. Tried to book weekend in April 2013, staff kept me on the line for a while whilst they debated amongst themselves in the background what to offer me, generally huffing and puffing and whispering (yes I could hear). When they eventually came back on the line they said they only had 16th - 17th of April available. This is midweek, my husband and I work in Leeds, so we were looking for a weekend Fri / Sat or Sat / Sun. They said they were fully booked for all weekends. When I went online to check availability the only weekend that was booked was 19th - 21st April. Will be asking for money back from KGB and suggest travellers to this particular accommodation keep their wits about them, if the staff are going to lie at the booking process who knows what else they are less than truthful about.

1  Thank Denise W

Good Afternoon,

I would firstly like to state that I am very upset and disappointed that you were dissatisfied with the level of customer service you received from our telesales team, our intention during the telephone call you have described was to secure a suitable booking for you. The 'huffing & puffing' you described was due to the lack of availablitity and our team therefore having to inform you that specific dates you had requested were not available, we attempted on a number of occasions to adjust or offer a suitably acceptable alternative.

The availability we had for this specific discounted offer which was managed by a third party company was restricted to our standard rooms, any availability you witnessed online was for Honeymoon Suites, Family Rooms or Executive Suites. I undertstand an offer to upgrade your room was conveyed to you by our team, but you declined this offer, which therefore left us with the midweek dates which we offered you.

In conclusion I would once again like to pass on my apologies that you felt our delivery of customer satisfaction during the booking process was under adequate, however I completely and utterly refute any accusation that we "lied" or misled you during the process, I have also held back in posting a response to your review to ensure clarification from KGB that you have indeed received a refund, which I understand you now have.

Kindest Regards