Tripadvisor
Tynemouth
Post
Inbox
Search

“Always great fish & chips.”

Longsands Fish Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Tynemouth
Cuisines: British
Description: Our seafood restaurant in the beautiful village of Tynemouth serves Shetland mussels, grilled lobster, shucked oysters, monkfish & prawn curry, roast turbot as well as classic fish and chips. Our menu changes daily and is designed around what's been caught that day by the local fisherman. As well as the seafood restaurant, we have a takeaway serving fish and chips, tiger prawns & seafood burgers with 'LFK' sauce and much more. We don't use beef dripping in our oil, so our fried food is also suitable for vegetarians.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always great fish & chips.
Around this area there are many excellent options I can think of for really good fish and chips however I can’t fault the food at Longsands so often return here for the simple reason.... good fish and chips at Tynemouth on a cold but sunny January is always a good idea.
So among a few good fish and chips restaurants locally this just makes it to top of my list.
Lovely

1  Thank Jezrez
Write a reviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We regularly call here for lunch, and again haven't been disappointed. It's the first time we've used The Catch menu, which gave everyone, four of us, a choice. Very pleasant service as usual.

1  Thank Go810345
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

In the past I have loved visiting both the fish and shop and the restaurant at Longsands. Food a bit pricey, but always delicious. Being a fish and chip addict, I was sad to have to give up this wonderful meal due to going on a diet for a wedding. However, I realised that on Slimming World I could still have fish, minus the batter, mushy peas, and chips (homemade ones cooked in low fat oil). Thank God! But on two occasions now I have ordered grilled cod (by the way it's excellent) and two portions of mushy peas from Longsands only to be treated with absolute contempt by the girls behind the counter. I will not be going back and once my diet is over will find another fish and chip shop to frequent! You'd think, in January, they'd be glad of the custom, no matter how unusual the order. Clearly not!

3  Thank VictoriaWilliams33
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

This was our first return to Longsands after having tested the Tom Kerridge claim that The Fishmarket at Newhaven, Leith makes the best fish and chips in the UK. In October last year we went up there to test that theory and sure enough, he was 100% incorrect. For us, Longsands remains the best, by a country mile, providing excellence in taste, service and setting every time.

As always, my wife chose the haddock, chips and mushy peas (she too is consistent) while I opted for the Catch Menu’s mussels as a starter, and cod, chips and curry sauce as a main. Unbelievable quality and value.

1  Thank TrevorHall
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Service very good
Limited meny and very poor chioce of other than fried
Fish
The fishcakes lack of taste
Only one chioce of poor rose Wine
Overpriiced fior The choice and quality offered Myhr name tynemouth raises The price

Date of visit: December 2019