Tripadvisor

Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Tynemouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

With new landlords just taking over before Christmas,we decided to pop in for Sunday lunch.Much to our surprise the lounge and the bar was very busy. We waited a little while but it was well worth it ,our plates were full and everything was very well cooked.Looking at the menu we will definitely call in through the week to try the tapas which looks fab ,well done everyone well worth a visit.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank dthompson3957
Write a reviewReviews (121)

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Excellent Sunday lunch, very busy pub, the belly pork was excellent and the roast lamb tasty. Good real ale, service with a smile. Ran out of food at 2.30 it’s that popular

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank I4916IPtomb
Reviewed October 23, 2019

Lunch was nice we had burger and chips - only problem was that we had to wait 25 minutes for it. I could have made it myself at home.

1  Thank Helen J
Reviewed October 19, 2019

This was my old local until standards slipped to an all-time low. Now, the new management is really friendly. The food is of a very high standard, the premises are immaculately clean including the toilets. It's a massive turnaround from previously and a must for a visit. 1 slight downside the dinks are a little more than a pub but overall it's cheaper than going to any restaurant I've been to lately in the area. After there is a bar at the front of the building selling good quality ales and spirits. Huge choice of gins etc. I will be back very soon (within a week). plus they do a 2 for ! at selected times and have other offers on for all the family. Children's choices are super too.

1  Thank David J
Reviewed October 6, 2019

A day when the wife was at work.For many years popped into the Dolfin for food or a drink. The staff made me welcome and everyone who came in they were friendly. My lunch fabulous the veg , pork and trimmings well done to the chef will be back again.