“Amazing food, shame about the service”

Davanti Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 49 Restaurants in Tynemouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Amazing food, shame about the service”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Divanti's a few times and have always had good service. This time we were sat in the corner out of the way and as a result were ignored for long periods of time. Had to order drinks 2/3 times before actually getting a drink.
The food made up for the poor service massively. The bruschetta was divine and the mussels in white wine sauce was amazing...would definitely go back, just wouldn't sit in the corner!

1 Thank VickieT01

“really excellent service and always good food.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Invited to a birthday gathering at Davanti's, staff we really helpful and attentive. Food was really good. The rest of the party had steak and giant prawns, and they looked amazing, I am so having a steak next time. However my pasta dish (house speciality) was just as good and morish.

Chelmsford
“One of my favourite restaurants”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We are a bit shocked by some of the bad reviews. We live a long way off (Essex) but love the North East and one of the real treats about coming up to Tynemouth is definitely Davanti. It is my favourite Italian restaurant and one of my favourite restaurants of all. The food is exceptional (especially those monster prawns and tender steaks), the service has always been friendly and prompt and it is a nice cosy place for a meal. We think it's great value as well for the quality and freshness of the food.We are back up in Tynemouth at Easter and will of course book Davanti (and their new one across the road which we haven't tried yet) and can't wait. Yum.

• Visited September 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, hurried service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant in early January. The inside is cosy and seemed to be busy, even though it was January. We ordered some drinks and were quickly seated near the back of the restaurant. The service seemed very hurried as if they wanted us through as soon as possible. We also were served by 5 different waiters and it seemed there was always one lurking in the shadows ready to take away any empty plates. The food was excellent although my only disappointment was the lack of any chicken pasta dishes. I had Chicken 'sauce' and mushroom pasta I certainly didn't see any chicken in it, although it was very nice. Overall the service resulted in a less than relaxing atmosphere but the food is worth a try. I would go again, maybe, in 5 years if I had nothing to do.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“OK”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food was ok, but no more than that. We booked a 2100 table which was ready on time despite being a busy Saturday night but it all felt very rushed, we finished the starter and immediately the mains followed. I suspect they try and get at least two sitting per table per night judging from the booking conversation on the phone, (1830 or 2100 tables) so it has a bit of a commercial feel. It's a good venue, clean, the tables are a bit tightly packed perhaps, but overall quite good. So it's good for a quick meal but not really for a good dining experience.