“Played host to a lovely venue for McFly”

Tynemouth Priory & Castle
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Tynemouth
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Visited here last year (In July I think) to see McFly. Made a lovely change to see them in an outdoor venue. Was nice having them next to the sea and the castle - was just lovely surroundings.

I was lucky enough to attend a meet & greet with the band before the show and the room we were in was sufficient but quite small and say 50 girls and the band and their management crammed into a smallish room was rather snug.

I thought the stalls with food and drinks were good.

I enjoyed the show and it sounded great despite being outside. Even playing back my videos on my phone, it still sounded great despite it being a windy day.

i'd recommend going here, especially if you have the opportunity to attend a concert here. made a really nice venue.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This English Heritage property combines Priory and castle ruins with Napoleonic war barracks and coastguard lookout .It is also the site for fireworks and the Mouth of Tyne Festival. It is the sort of dramatic headland that we walk past every day but if we saw in Italy or on the Rhine we would gasp with amazement!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The castle has loads of tradition, but if you are expecting a castle that you can go in and stay at or have a drink at, you will be massively disappointed. It is literally a pile of stones.

Northumberland is just on the doorstep and there are more castles in Northumberland than any county in the UK.

If you want to go to a really good castle, head into Northumberland and give Tynemouth a miss.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hooooooo! Be prepared to be spooked at Tynemouth Priory scary tales event. This was utterly brilliant! Very atmospheric, well acted, great cast and a great experience. To be in this ancient place, on a wild dark night is something you need to experience yourself. I loved it. Now I've done it I just can't believe I was wandering about in the dark with spooky monks, a crazy woman, a creepy chapel, real graves, a stone sarcophagus (occupied), a coffin (occupied) listening to fantastic tales of times past. Just brilliant!

1  Thank Lynne187064
Reviewed October 21, 2013

superb situation at mouth of Tyne (strangely enough!), with extensive views over windswept sea. Church ruins very impressive, especially the East End and Percy chantry chapel.