“Disappointing lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tynemouth 61 Guest House and Tea Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tynemouth
Tynemouth 61 Guest House and Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 2 Tynemouth B&B and Inns
Newcastle
“Disappointing lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Called in for lunch having had very nice tea and cake there before. My friend asked if she could have gravy on her corned beef pie and baked beans (yes I know a strange request) but rather than say "Sorry we don't have gravy" she was told "No that wouldn't be nice". Another friend asked for Earl Grey tea and got it in a large pot with one tea bag -very weak! To top the visit off, the bill was added incorrectly (£5.00 overcharged) and it took three staff with a calculator to confirm the mistake. A grudging apology received.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Roger2504

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Esbjerg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in connection with a business trip. Had the Laurel room. Really good breakfast and friendly service. One of the few places where i've managed to sleep through the first night without waking.

Room Tip: My room was the Laurel, at the back of the hotel. No noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here recently with two mates on the night before we started the Hadrian's Wall Path walk. We received very friendly service, the rooms were clean and they served a good breakfast. My only (small) gripe is that the bed seemed quite hard to me so I did not get the best night's sleep. Despite this, I would still go back and am also happy to recommend it to other walkers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Holmfirth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My second visit to No. 61 (16th/17th April) was just as good as the first. Staff, food and accommodation are excellent. I just wish there was a reduction for solo occupation at weekends as there is during the week.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed in Laurel which is a large well equipped room with a seating area which overlook...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Coalville, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a family gathering just before Christmas. We were all very happy with the rooms, cleanliness, comfort and welcome. If there was one down side it was that the breakfast, although good, was rather small. But for this I would have given 5 stars.

Room Tip: At weekends always get a room at the back of the house. Front Street gets very busy and noisy on Fri...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great guesthouse with wonderful owners, centrally located but little things let them down in a big way. I stayed in Feb 2012 to go back up North to reminisce. Stayed in the Byron room which was very nice and adequate. Lovely property but little things let them down. After my 2nd night the toilet was blocked, but they did fix this for me. There wasn't a fresh supply of towels everyday so wondered if anybody went into the room to tidy up, but this is probably more me being critical. One morning when having breakfast I asked for brown toast so I could put my fried eggs on it. The toast never came so I reminded the lady, again the toast never came, I asked a second time but which point I thought didn't anyone listen to me - annoying as they were all busy chatting away in the kitchen. Having left for the day, the owner realised a mistake had been made and gave me some beautiful cake. In terms of noise avoid the front rooms as the street can be noisey with pub folks but this isn't the fault of the guesthouse. I'd encourage the owner and staff to focus to little attention to details as this is what customers generally pick up on. Generally the guesthouse and staff were very accommodating though but if they just concentrate on the finer details then this would be an amazing place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter - avoid the front street. Note the Byron room is up 3 flights of stai...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had found the No 61 by chance 8 yrs ago had an excellant stay.
I had arranged a long wk end break and planned to include a stop over in tynemouth.
Booked 1 night at No 61 from the moment we arrived we were not disapointed the room was excellant as was the breakfast. Excellant value for money I can highly recomend a stay at No 61.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tynemouth
Grand Hotel
Village Hotel Newcastle
#31 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,930 reviews
Premier Inn Newcastle (Holystone) Hotel

Been to Tynemouth 61 Guest House and Tea Rooms? Share your experiences!