“Absolutely wonderful!”

Niblicks Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have been to Niblick's for lunch numerous times and every time it has been excellent. I have lost count of how many people I have recommended it to but they have all been impressed and thanked me for telling them about Niblick's which seems to have been a well kept secret....but no more....i love lamb and the lamb they serve is absolutely gorgeous....

3  Thank normahargreaves
There are newer reviews for Niblicks Restaurant

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just had lunch and it was brilliant.Hubby had soup starter which was lovely but filled him up!lunch was £6 95,or £7 95 if you had lamb,pork and beef which we did,biggestbyorkshire pud ever.we both struggled to finish and had to decline puds! You have to book ,and door is round the corner,keep walking andnyounwill find it!they closed first two weeks in November for decorating.we will be back!

1  Thank colleen508
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Three of us booked for Sunday lunch for the 1230 sitting.
The food was exceptional, we had three different starters, the duck salad was very good, the prawns and chilli dip were perfect, and the soup and bread was too big to finish.
The mains were excellent, the Yorkshire was humongous, the vegetables fresh, and the meats perfectly cooked - melt in your mouth, and the desserts were top class, with one round of drinks and the bill was just over £40, how good is that.
The only downside is the dining room is very austere and lacks conviviality thus detracts slightly from the occasion of dining out, though we will return again.

2  Thank Mike5727
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had our first visit this morning for breakfast. One word - DELICIOUS! Great value for money - sooo full when I left and once of the nicest cuppas I have had in ages. My partner is a big guy and likes his food and there was more than enough to keep him happy too! We will most certainly return as the staff were very welcoming. So want to try a Sunday lunch there as the preparation was underway whilst we were there and the smell coming from the kitchen was lovely -it must be good as they were full already for today and almost full for next week!

3  Thank Nichola A
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have tried several local restaurants for Sunday lunch and this one is the best by far. Lovely white table cloths, fresh flowers, silver service, well trained staff, room gorgeous. But the best out of all of that visit was the food, very tender meat and well cooked veg (not over cooked). My family all loved it, this was my first visit today and we will certainly be returning. Best to book up in advance. Keep it up.

2  Thank dwailes99
CTNorth, Owner at Niblicks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It's appreciated by the whole team. It was a pleasure to look after you and we're delighted to see you've already booked your return visit. We hope you enjoy it as much. Best wishes from the Niblicks team.