“Have just had the best burger " Ever "”

Moor Farm Beefeater
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Cramlington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Have just had the best burger " Ever "”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visit Beefeater, Cramlington frequently but today must have been extra special, today " honestly " I tasted my best ever burger, photo enclosed, the garnish, soft bacon, scrumptious burger, bun all did perfectly, well done cook or whoever prepared the meal 10 out of 10.

So looking forward to our return.

4 Thank Arthur Y

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Reheated food!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Visited this restaurant this afternoon with my husband and kids. Me and my husband each ordered the rump of lamb Sunday lunch and when it came it look disappointing. The meat was nice but the veg, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings had all been either kept warm all day or reheated. The Yorkshire was soggy and the potatoes were soft and dry. When I complained the server firstly said it was due to the time of day and we must have got the last Sunday lunch (it was about 4.30pm). I pointed out that other people had arrived after us and they had ordered Sunday lunch and there was no mention to them about availability. He then said it was because it was a new menu, so I asked him whether the old menu served freshly cooked food! He said he would speak to the manager and came back to say that there was nothing they could do and suggested I complete the online feedback survey.
So, tonight I have spent at least half an hour completing the survey only to realise when it was completed that it doesn't ask for contact details so there is no way for them to contact me to discuss the issue further! I have therefore spent even more time filling in a contact sheet on their website to request someone contact me.
I have no plans to visit this restaurant or any other Beefeater restaurant in the future.

1 Thank LAG39
Newcastle
“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Myself and my family go here at least once a month. We have spent the last two Christmases here and never had anything big to complain about.

However we have never been as disappointed as we were on Fathers Day. We booked a table a week before for 15 of us. We were told we had to book the table for 5pm due to the demand in tables. We ordered our food at 5:30pm however were still waiting for our meals at 7pm! After asking staff a number of times where our food was they said its because they were really busy, which we understood but we have been here on other busy occasions and been served still within an hour. Finally getting our food at 7:30 (2 hours after ordering) to which we were even more disappointed. 3 of the steaks which we ordered medium-rare came cooked well done and they were cold. My chicken salad was soggy and the side salad you get with all meals came with a tiny bit of lettuce. They didn't come with spicy chips which we had asked for but they never informed us. Due to our inconvenience we got offered a free round of drinks then two of them came which were wrong.
They did discount our bill but due to the shocking service i don't think we will be returning.

Really disappointed!

2 Thank MRSHWALKER
England
“How to spoil an otherwise perfectly good Sunday!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Met a friend here, at her suggestion, at ten to twelve. She'd tried to order food, but 'we don't serve food until 12' - too difficult to remember the order for ten minutes, or maybe write it down somewhere and say ' I'll happily take your order, but it will be a few minutes as chef's just taking off his bicycle clips'... No matter.

At 12, I tried to order food... and after a quick check of the clock (classy!) the barmaid decided that excuse had expired, so asked me 'what's your table number'? There were two people in the room, one in the corner, where I indicated my friend and said 'we're sitting there, in the corner'. The other person was some yards away, not in a corner. This massive challenge to their system prompted 'I need your tabe number or I cant take the order'

Being in a particularly good mood, although feeling it ebb slightly, rather than telling her to poke it at that stage as I should probably have done, I went and looked, and found the answer to be '7'.

I told her '7' and she took the order. I said 'how wi you know where to bring the food?' She said 'I know where table 7 is!' So I asked 'Why didn't you know where table seven is when I pointed out where we are sitting'?

So far, so indifferent. She asked me to enter my card, then wandered off to make coffee, with me staring at a machine saying ';insert card', though I already had. so I tried again. And lo, it saith 'card declined, refer customer to their card provider' - despite not having even been asked for a pin number, which is obviously cobblers. So I asked her to try again, and she did with the same result. She was by now regarding me with a mixture of contempt and pity, and tok my card saying 'I will try it manually'. Give me that...! So get me the manager... who tried another till and - lo, it worked. As it does at every other till on the planet so far, not being one to run the funds low for fear of being made to look foolish! But the apologies were fulsome... 'the other till must need resetting' she said. So I offered some feedback, to which she attempted to offer the corporate 'response' - and was huffed when I pointed out I didn't want feedback on my performance as a customer, and was simply leaving her feedback to do with, or ignore, as she chose. I asked for the area manager's name and address, and was directed to some callcentre.

Life is too short - I shant be in touch with them, by phone or in person any time this side of starvation. We went across the car park to MacDonalds, of all things and were treated to a superb example of decent staff, a well-run team and food which was better than I'd dared to expect.

So - if you're in the Beef Eater and getting the attitude, even if you're mortal hungry, there's no need to put up with their lazy, passive-aggressive rigmarole - just stroll across the car park to what by comparison is a destination dining experience... and their till works, too!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank neilEngland
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Perhaps they need more staff...”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We've eaten here a few times because the decor is pleasant, the food is a decent bar menu (a little pricey) and staff are friendly, but on the down side - service is soooo slow. We have twice, now, waited in xs of an hour per course (even deserts). It wasn't busy. Sorry - just don't have time to eat there...