“Holiday Memories ”

Aphrodite Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Cramlington
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A full Mediterranean / Greek experience in comfortable and authentic surroundings with attentive staff and exceptional food quality.
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

I visited this restaurant again on Saturday with my family, for a birthday party. The service was excellent. The restaurant was busy with a good atmosphere. The lamb kleftiko was very tender and tasty, and the stifado was to die for. Good value for money. The home made strawberry sorbet was very refreshing. Overall a great family day out to celebrate my mam's birthday.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

atmosphere midweek = 0 but the food was very authentic. no much else to add here really, other places are better options

1  Thank ax11111111
Miss A, Owner at Aphrodite Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2016

Thanks for your custom as for the atmosphere zero I disagree as our restaurant has a great atmosphere. Perhaps you mean it wasn't busy that evening. The reason for that was a lot of things on the tv such as football and tennis. I'm very glad you found our food very authentic that's how we have built the name of our business over that past 20 years as for other restaurants having better options again is a personal choice as we have 24 starters and about 50 main courses. There is a good choice.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

We visited the Aphrodite restaurant for my wife's birthday and for the fact our wedding Singer Alex Lomas was performing there and we had just celebrated our anniversary so it seemed fitting.

The restaurant had a 3 course Table D’Hote menu for the evening and there was a wide selection. We both had the Grilled Haloumi for the starter which was lovely. I had the Slow Cooked lamb which had so much flavour and the meat just melted in the mouth. It was one of the best lamb dishes I've ever had. My wife had the chicken skewers which she also, loved. For dessert we both opted for the profiteroles which we were asked when we wanted them which was a nice touch so we could enjoy the performance.

The whole evening is great and we will definitely be back.

2  Thank Christoper L
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

First time visitor to this establishment was a little sceptical at first but how wrong was I! Food amazing service t go with it will definetely be visiting again

1  Thank Olivia20102
Reviewed July 2, 2016

So- just had a bad experience at the Hungry Horse in Cramlington-
we called into Aphrodite's- now we just ordered Pizza, but the difference was Chalk and Cheese- that staff here are lovely and they cannot do enough for you, they actually converse with you.
The drinks were brought and the Pizza's came a close second- freshly made and really nice.
I have been here a couple of times for the Greek food and you are always made welcome and the food is always really good. It one of those places that you think...we should come here more often. so guys I recommend this place- Great staff and great food-give it a go.

2  Thank Ian M