“ORDERED FOOD BUT EAT ELSEWHERE”
Review of Innkeeper's Lodge

Innkeeper's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Cramlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the Snowy Owl for one night on Saturday. We checked in - eventually and reserved a table for 8pm. We arrived at the restaurant a little earlier than 8pm and we went to our table. Whilst I was buying drinks at the bar my wife asked to move tables as the one we had needed a book under it to stop it moving around, the waitress was not happy but my wife did manage to change tables and order our food. Everything my wife ordered was not available so she ordered Fish and Chips and ordered a Mixed Grill for me. 4 pints of beer later and my wife asked when the food would arrive - the waitress went to check and came back and told her that the Mixed grill took time to prepare and get right. After waiting an hour for any sign of food and other diners coming and eating their meals we decided to leave. I told the waitress to tell the Chef to cancel our order as I had lost the will to live never mind eat - she said "I thought you would say that". We went to our rooom and got our coats and then went back into the bar where the waitress nearly fainted and asked if there was anything she could do. We asked at the bar for the Manager and he came along and asked what was the matter after I relayed our story to him he told us the waitress had told him and what did we want him to do? We left and went into Cramlington and eat a very good meal at the Dragon Inn chinese restaurant. Never again will we go to the Snowy Owl.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John656

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great location for visiting Durham, Newcastle and Northumberland Coast.
Rooms good and staff very friendly, good value for money.
Food in Restaurant was excellent. We arrived late and hungry on Friday evening but it was no problem for the staff who got us a table and had time to talk about the area etc without rushing us.
Recommended for a place to stay and for the food

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I arrived for an evening meal at 7.30pm (an all too rare and highly prized opportunity for a couple with two young children) ordered promptly and eventually received our starters more than an hour later at 8.45pm, after watching an entire room of diners arriving after us tuck into their starters and mains. The place wasn't overly busy. How long should we have expected it to take to put a slice of pate on a plate and some onion soup into a bowl?

The dishes' slapdash presentation was accompanied by the server's limp and insincere apology. Our plates were dirty - too filthy to eat a morsel off in fact - and they had 'run out of cutlery'. When my wife asked for a lemonade it was positively slammed down on the table without a word before the server was hastily off, probably to grow some onions in anticipation of the next soup order...

We left, hungry and angry, and headed for Cramlington where we devoured a Domino's pizza in the amber-lit desolation of the 24-hour Sainsbury's car park.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hi we had a lovely holiday at the snowy owl cramlington we had four days and the weather was kind to us the hotel was lovely and clean and all the staff was very friendly and helpful we will certainly go back for another holiday, we could go to the coast so easy or out in the country or shopping could reccomend it the restaurant was very good as well, a good choice breakfast

joycegran

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joycegran
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Had a meal at this hotel and ordered grilled homemade salmon fishcakes as a starter. When they arrived they were frozen in the middle and were returned. About 5 minutes later another plate arrived with salmon fishcakes that had been cooked in the microwave (ha ha) you can imagine what they looked like - but guess what - still frozen inside - what a shambles. Staff were sorry about this but this was my second visit to this hotel and I had ordered the fishcakes before and guess what - they were frozen. There will not be a third time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bigjules
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It has been quite some time since I last visited the Snowy Owl for a meal, therefore, my partner and I decided to go for an evening meal and invited my partners parents too. I must say it was such a lovely evening that we have already planned to go again. we did not book a table and although (unkown to us) it was steak night and therefore, very busy we were seated immediately. We ordered drinks and were handed menus, we had already decided on our choices when the drinks arrived and our order was taken, it seemed like no time at all when our starter was served which was absolutely delicious. Throughout the evening our waitress kept checking to make sure we were happy even though the restraurant was very busy, maybe because of this the time between each course may have been longer than usual but I prefer this rather than having courses brought out straight after each other. The service, the meals and the restaurant can not be faulted at all and I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meur6
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. The hotel was ok, not amazing but clean, and decent-sized rooms. However, this was one of the noisiest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. I was unlucky enough to have room 2, which was next to the door to the section of the hotel I was in. It was so noisy, the door opening and slamming constantly (despite having a soft-closing hinge on), making the whole room vibrate whenever it banged shut. Such a shame, as otherwise a nice place. Pub and food very good.

Room Tip: Avoid any room near a main door if you want any sleep.