“Disgusting overpriced takeaway food!!”
Review of Moti Jheel

Moti Jheel
Ranked #18 of 69 Restaurants in Cramlington
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: UN-licensed Restaurant. Bring your own alcohol as we only sell soft drinks.
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Recently ordered a takeaway for 4 people. All meals were absolutely disgusting! Tastless chicken, bland sauces, rock hard chips and overly priced. I will take business elsewhere in future.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank traceybutler2018
Write a reviewReviews (72)

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

I don’t usually do reviews, but I feel so strongly about my recent experience at the Moti Jheel I have to broadcast it. I have been eating at the Moti Jheel for quite a while now and never had any complaints about the food or the service. I don’t know what’s gone wrong, but the food has gone downhill over the last few weeks. I would go as far to say the worst I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a few! At least the Lal Quila is consistently good so that’s where I’ll be going from now on.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Kevsampson1970
Reviewed May 30, 2019

We have been regulars at this restaurant/takeaway for a few years, and the food had always been second to none until this week. We ordered our regular meals (2 x Chicken Tikka Rogan, 2 x Chicken Sagg, Onion Pilau & Keema Nana) to take away. Once at home, we dished up and sat down to our meal. We couldn’t believe how bad the food tasted. It was absolutely awful and nothing like what we’re accustomed to from the Moti Jheel. It was so bad that most of it ended in up in the bin. My wife rang to complain, but was fobbed off with ‘We’ll sort something out the next time you’re in’. Not happy with this, we went back to the restaurant where we raised it with the owner. Whilst talking, he confirmed that they had had other complaints about the quality of the food which he put down to a new chef. He stated that they were working with the new chef to improve the quality of the food. Despite being long time loyal customers, our request for a refund was refused, but he stated that he would give us 25% discount on our next visit. From the owners attitude, it is clear he cares nothing for loyal customers, despite openly acknowledging the food was below par. To be honest, I would rather take my business elsewhere than put another penny in his pocket.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Wittas123
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

First time we've eaten food from here, passed the restaurant a few times but ordered a takeaway. Delivered within time, absolutely delicious and great quality. We won't be going anywhere else now.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank JacquiMaz
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

The amount of times I’ve been here and never thought to give them a review.. so here it is, absolutely fantastic food and it doesn’t matter if their busy or if their quiet as tonight proved the service will still be spot on. Your daft if you try anywhere else. The other main Indians in Cramlington hasn’t got a look in.

Date of visit: September 2018