“Scrummy Yummy in my tummy :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bengal Spice

Bengal Spice
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Brigg
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doncaster
“Scrummy Yummy in my tummy :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Came for a meal with my boyfriend on February 2nd was seated very promptly. The service was very fast. It was absolutely beautiful. Much prefer Bengal spice to le raj another local Indian eatery in Brigg. Two starters mains & trimmings & two drinks each for Aprox £48. Not bad. Service speedy & food of outstanding quality. Can't wait to come back :-)

“Gone downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My partner and I have eaten here regularly in the 3 years we have been together but after the service tonight we will not go again. We booked our table for half 8, even though we had booked we waited 45 minutes for our table, eventually the waiter tried to serve us poppadums in the waiting area, which is a sofa with a small table next to the exit, we refused to eat there and said we would wait for the table, 5 minutes after that at 9.15 we were shown to our table. After the poppadums our main meal was served and they had brought my partner the wrong meal, we had to wait another 5 minutes for the correct meal. The waiter brought us a complimentary glass of wine and said they would not charge us for the incorrect meal. We were happy with this as even though there was a problem, they dealt with it correctly. The reason we will not go there again is when the bill came, we saw it came to £25, which we were happy with as it was much cheaper than the £40 we normally spend, which made up for the poor service that night, we put £27 in feeling we would give them a little tip for sorting the problems out so effectively, but 2 minutes after paying they brought the bill over saying they had charged us £10 under and wanted us to pay the rest. This felt like the final insult as after all the problems that night, they should have just left it as it was and not caused further problems. Bengal spice may have gained £10 tonight but they have probably lost out on £200 which we would have spent there this year, as we go every couple of months and spend at least £40 every time we go, really not impressed and will not go there unless we have to, for example of it is a friends birthday. Such a shame as the food is great but will not go there on principle after the bad service tonight.

1 Thank Brigg1990
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Frequent visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I and our families regularly visit here. We have many other curry houses closer but the food is well worth the extra fuel to travel here. Not once had a bad meal here and always at a price we are happy with.
The restaurant is always busy so expect a bit of noise - there's usually a birthday or group dining, but its not disruptive. Looking forward to going again.

• Visited December 2012
Doncaster
“Beautiful food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Recently visited with friends, there were six of us. We were all seated as soon as we walked in which I thought was fab service.
We all had popadoms and pickle trays with our drinks whilst waiting for our starters. However the wait for our actual food to come out was quite a wait, which I am presuming was because it was really quite busy in the Indian with a few party's there that evening.
When the food did eventually come out it was of fantastic quality though that it was really worth the wait. I had chicken chat as a starter and it was delicious, with chicken balti and pilau rice with garlic naan to follow which was also beautifully presented and was of very high quality. Costing around £55 per couple for drinks aswell which I did not think was bad at all.
Lovely atmosphere, lovely quality & lovely company. Look forward to my next visit. :-)

Brigg, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me, My girlfriend and 2 other couples visited Bengal Spice on the 2nd November 2012 and we all loved the food, the atmosphere and the service.

We had poppadoms with dips, starter, mains with one rice per couple and a nann each, 3 drinks each and it came to £25 each, I think this is excellent value for money.

Everyone thought the food was delicious, there is a brilliant selection of specialty dishes and the normal dishes also.

All in all a brilliant night and we will be back.

• Visited November 2012