“Beautiful food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bengal Spice
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Brigg
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doncaster
“Beautiful food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Recently visited with friends, there were six of us. We were all seated as soon as we walked in which I thought was fab service.
We all had popadoms and pickle trays with our drinks whilst waiting for our starters. However the wait for our actual food to come out was quite a wait, which I am presuming was because it was really quite busy in the Indian with a few party's there that evening.
When the food did eventually come out it was of fantastic quality though that it was really worth the wait. I had chicken chat as a starter and it was delicious, with chicken balti and pilau rice with garlic naan to follow which was also beautifully presented and was of very high quality. Costing around £55 per couple for drinks aswell which I did not think was bad at all.
Lovely atmosphere, lovely quality & lovely company. Look forward to my next visit. :-)

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Brigg, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me, My girlfriend and 2 other couples visited Bengal Spice on the 2nd November 2012 and we all loved the food, the atmosphere and the service.

We had poppadoms with dips, starter, mains with one rice per couple and a nann each, 3 drinks each and it came to £25 each, I think this is excellent value for money.

Everyone thought the food was delicious, there is a brilliant selection of specialty dishes and the normal dishes also.

All in all a brilliant night and we will be back.

• Visited November 2012
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Ripped Off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

On 20th April 2012 my Wife and I went for a meal at the Bengal Spice in Brigg.
We ordered starters and main courses.
For the main course my Wife ordered “Chicken Korai” and I ordered “Lamb Madras” (with no lime).
The Waiter suggested we try their new traditional way of cooking, using real spices and not powdered.
Twice during his explanation of the process, my Wife asked how much extra this would cost and was not answered, on either occasion.
The Waiter then asked if we would like poppadoms to start with and we replied, “only if they are free”
We did not enjoy the meal; it was nothing like what we had ordered and they charged for the Poppadoms.
We asked for the bill, expecting to pay around £30.00 for what we had ordered.
The bill came to £53.30, my Wife asked me not to argue, just to go. We paid and left.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Len B
uk
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

fantastic food, great service and well priced, Manager and staff very attentive and place was clean and alot better than one round the corner

Visited May 2012
Brigg, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service, but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We've been visiting the Bengal Spice for several years now, and have never been disappointed. As mentioned in other reviews, there is a relatively new menu now, with some really good special dishes. It clearly states on the menu that the "whole spice" dishes are at a premium cost, so there is nothing underhand about the way this is done. On my last visit, the waiters couldn't do enough to help us choose something new, but also to accommodate the likes of our children - they did a special dish in the end, that wasn't on the menu, and we all loved it. The only criticism is that it's not cheap (hence the 4 not 5 stars) - but you get what you pay for!

• Visited January 2012