“escape to the countryside”

Launde Farm Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belton
Launde Farm Cottages
Ranked #2 of 2 Belton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed for 5 weeks at this cottage as I was working in the neighbouring town of Oakham. The environment is just stunning. Everyone looking for a quiet spot to do some walking, cycling or visiting of the nearby towns will find this the ideal place to come to rest. Pippa is really welcoming and makes some great cakes. The cottages- I stayed in both of them - are comfortable and well equipped. They are clean and provide you with everything you need. I really liked driving up there every day after work. Coming from Oakham I had to pass Launde abbey which is surrounded by beautiful meadows, where the sheep are grazing. My wife and daughter came over for a visit of two weeks. My 6 year old daughter rode for the first time in her life, a fantastic experience for her. Really a place I would recommend. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Luc S
There are newer reviews for Launde Farm Cottages

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We use this b & b regularly to visit my step-daughter who lives near-by. Having tried several different b & bs and the odd local hotel, we are absolutely delighted to have discovered Launde Farm Cottages. The accommodation is of a very high standard, with a lovely warm feel, whilst the adjoining cottage makes for a perfect weekend with grandparents included too! Pippa Owen could not be more thoughtful and her freshly made cakes which she leaves for our arrival are always absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Drkatmitchell
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in the cottages as part of our work for a period of 3 weeks. We had use of both cottages, both where finished to an extremely high standard and had a very high level of cleanliness. We really felt at home during our stay, we were supplied with fresh farm meat from an on site butcher and enjoyed the relaxed surrounding of the country location. The kitchen is very well set up to meet all your cooking requirements. Would recommend these cottages very highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Corkkerry2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This place is a great find and a perfect retreat for a weekend get away...or longer. It is mordern, clean and well equipped. More importantly, the owner could not be more helpful.

It is situated close to Launde Abbey and a number of really nice villages. There are plenty of pubs and eateries in relatively close proximity. In addition the surrounding countryside is criss-crossed with public footpaths that provide nice walks and excellent scenary.

The Cow Shed itself, is awesome. It has literally every thing one might need. The rainforest shower in the large well appointed is a luxury. The bedroom is traditional, with a beautiful beamed ceiling, clean and very nicely furnished. The bed is large, well dressed and very comfortable. It is difficult to get out of in the morning.

The sitting room and kitchen area is well though out and had everything one needs and is evidently well looked after. A lot of though has gone into the needs of the guests and it shows.

On both arrival and departure, I must say that, the owner was amazingly helpful. Her hospitality and manner were just delightful.

A perfect place for a short getaway.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DecLynn
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fantastic, clean and charming place to stay in with super service and in beautiful surroundings. Easy access to Oakham (through a beautiful sheepfield!). I stayed in the refurbished Cow Shed with a combined living room/kitchen, bedroom and ensuite shower/toilet. Very clean and stylish and well equipped kitchen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pomarinus

Been to Launde Farm Cottages? Share your experiences!