“Always good food and friendly service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goose Fat & Garlic

Goose Fat & Garlic
Cuisines: European, British, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in the centre of historic Sawbridgeworth, Goose Fat and Garlic offers something for every palate and every occasion. A range of menus caters for everyone from the casual diner looking for a quick lunchtime sandwich, to a business meeting over an a la carte dinner. A set price a la carte menu during the week offers a great dining experience at a very reasonable price, and an authentic tapas menu is a great causal eating option - ideal for groups. The bar attached to the restaurant provides the perfect meeting place for those just wanting a drink, or for pre and post- meal gatherings, and is known for its great cocktails and extensive wine and beer choices. The ambiance is smart but relaxed.
sawbridgeworth
“Always good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have eaten here many times over the years the service did go down for a while but this has been rectified. Overall they care that your food arrives correctly and in a reasonable timely manner, I have not had cause to complain unlike the previous people and so thought I should comment.

London
“Quite nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

A group of us met up here for lunch the food was very nice but we thought it was quite expensive

• 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Could be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We went with a group of friends recently and I'm sad to say that our experience mirrors that of other diners - mistakes with our order left one of our group with no main meal, whilst the sides were poorly presented, cold and apparently somewhat hastily thrown together. The main meals were, generally, of a decent standard though and the menu has a few vegetarian options, which were lacking when I went back in July. We weren't given the opportunity to leave feedback when we left either, and we saw neither hide nor hair of a manager, our waitress being left to apologise. Sadly this place is seemingly a bit accident prone - I doubt I'll bother going back; there are cheaper, better, options locally.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JimmyV31
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful and Relaxing Sunday Afternoon meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I recently visited Goose Fat & Garlic with friends to celebrate a birthday and can only say how wonderful an afternoon we had. The service was great and accomadating when one of our party was runing late. The menu was varied and appealed to all our tastes. I would highly recommend the Gammon Steak which was particularly juicy and cooked to perfection. If you want a Sunday off of the cooking try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.

Sawbridgeworth
“Nice setting. Great atmosphere, good service, good food and a great wine list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Well we use this restaurant quite regularly. I go with my wife from time to time for food or just for drinks;for any business meetings I have to say that the lunch time offerings on several levels from the specials to the a la carte are all pretty fine fare. I can particularly recommend the Gloucester Old Spot pork which is done to perfection. I have actually met the Chef and apart from the fact that he is a muso too, he is able to turn out some pretty maure offerings for such a young chap. Great stuff!
If we go at the weekend, we tend to stick to the Tapas menus which are pretty extensive and good value for money. If you like the Tapas idea be sure to check the times of availability as I am not sure if this is "on" all day.
Overall, a great place to eat and drink.