TripAdvisor

White Lion Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I needed a light bite before a meeting, was advised by a lovely young lady to have the Steak Sandwich with a drink, what good value nice steak, ciabatta and caramalised onions. PERFECT. Thank you White Lion nice service and still managed to get to my meeting on time!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (179)

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Visited here a few times over the past month as a family member was attending nearby hospital.
This is a really lovely pub brilliant selection of draught lagers,ales and ciders eaten here a couple of times too the 2 meals for £12.99 are such good value.
Bar staff are very nice and welcoming pub has a really nice atmosphere too only wished i lived closer this would definitely be my local.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

going there quite often for easy Fridays lunch with my wife. Tasty rich but cheap plates in a warm family atmosphere, highly reccomend if u pass by Sawbo!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019

I am a local and regular to this pub and today attended with my family

Usually the quality of the food and arrive is good but today the fell short of their standard

The food took 45 minutes to arrive after ordering (even though the pub was quite empty) and was mostly cold. When raising with the waiter we were dutifully asked if we want our food reheated which wasn’t paticularly appetising for the obvious reasons and the fact that we had already waited so long.

We weren’t offered any recompense for the disappointing food or service so feeling a bit let down by a usually quality pub.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Went here to eat with a friend on a Wednesday night (so it wasn't busy at all) and was really disappointed.

I ordered one of the 600 calorie options from the main menu and was informed they didn't have it. When I asked for the other 600 calorie menu item, they didn't have that either! I then ordered a steak and was informed they didn't have any steak as well!

Absolutely ridiculous for a pub to run out of so many menu items, especially as it wasn't even a busy time of the week. No excuse for poor stock management in my view. I ended up having to chose something that I didn't enjoy in the slightest.

Date of visit: August 2019