I recently vacationed in this hotel with my husband and 2 children aged 11 and 8 and another family. Whilst the hotel in itself is quite nice with a pleasant architecture, the service however leaves a lot to be desired. The lady at the front desk was most unpleasant not once but throughout the whole stay and the same could be said of bar staffs and restaurant seaters. I can understand that the sheer volume of people in august must be quite draining, it is not acceptable in my opinion in a hotel. The cleaning ladies on our floor as well as the chef Sanchez were the friendliest people in the whole place. If you come with kids and hope to rest a bit, forget it. The maxi club is awful and the kids hated going there + you have to pay extra for activities like painting on tshirts (which is mentioned nowhere). The food I will say was very good and varied but I don't think I would come back or recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished IBEROSTAR Malaga Playa beach hotel is an expert at creating the best conditions to make you happy during your days of rest. The warmth of the rooms, the fun atmosphere of the entertainment activities, the pools for families, the cosy feeling of its restaurants... and, as you would expect, the best temperature in all of Europe. Discover 7 more reasons why you should choose this hotel on the Costa del Sol for your holidays. Distinctive rooms for distinctive travellers. From the most romantic Suites to enjoy a couples getaway to apartments with a kitchen. And, of course, the best views of the sea or the hotel gardens make for the best backdrop when waking up in Malaga. And recently refurbished! A few steps from the beach. The IBEROSTAR Malaga Playa enjoys direct access to over a kilometre of beach at Playa Ferrara. So you can lie down on your sun lounger and bathe in the sun's rays while sensing the Mediterranean breeze on your skin. Flavours of the world.At this hotel for children on the Costa del Sol, you not only have the best local cuisine, but you can also travel the world every evening with the themed dinners. In addition, there's a surprise for those with a sweet tooth: the wonderful desserts buffet. It’s impossible to resist the temptation of something sweet! Totally refreshing. The huge pool at this hotel in Malaga Playa will entice the whole family in for a dip. The kids can pretend to be sharks while the grownups take advantage to swim a few lengths. There's also a pool with never-ending slides so that your kids can make a splash, and another indoor pool with views of the outdoors, and a special baby pool. Non-stop activities. In the evening, the little ones can't wait for Starky and Stella to arrive at the minidisco. During the day, your kids will never get bored at the Miniclub. They will play in the pool, dress up or do handcrafts. And for you? Dance performances, live music, and much more. Enviable temperatures. The best climate in Europe is here! The average of 18º C throughout the year and the mild summers make Torrox the best place to spend your holidays. In fact, you are likely to come across inhabitants that are proud to boast about the kind of climate they enjoy. The charm of Torrox. You can't leave without being captivated by the pristine white of its houses. A stroll around its stairways and precipitous streets will invite you to disconnect and spend the afternoon trying tapas in Constitution square, or to enjoy a few laughs with your loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Malaga Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Malaga Playa Hotel Torrox
- Riu Ferrara Hotel
- Riu Ferrara Torrox
- Iberostar Malaga Playa Torrox, Spain - Costa Del Sol