We had a nice stay in Iberostar Malaga back in October 2012, a very well maintained and clean hotel. Room is nicely furnished, spacious & clean and I believe each of them has balcony. We had standard room near the lounge and apparently every night they're having entertainment/show for hotel guests. If you normally sleep after 11PM, this won't be a problem but if you want to rest early after a whole day out visiting places, then this might be an issue. That was the case for us(my wife mainly), and we requested at the reception if we can get another room further back, far from the lounge room. That nite they had no other room available, and they offered us to stay in one of their apartment next to the hotel. The staff kindly asked us to check them out and see if it's to our liking. The apartment located just at the front side of hotel entrance. It's similar room, nicely furnished with kitchen but in the end we decided to stay and wait for a free room the next morning. In the morning the staff informed us that they have a free room, again they asked us to check first. The new room is on 3rd floor, looked nice and bigger, and we assume far from the noises. We decided to take it and they arranged all the Luggage to be brought into the new room. Apparently the new room is a junior suite.
Buffet dinner was pretty good, they have variety of dishes, from basic italian spaghetti, pizza, to lobster, 4 colors caviar, roasted beef and some others. Desserts were abundant, but tend to be quite the same though. Breakfast is also good, lots of choice for every one. Outside of the restaurant, at the front side, there's not so many restaurant, quite similar at the boulevard at the beach, there's some restaurants spread along the beach. One thing though, I had a feeling if you stay longer than a week, they might have similar dishes all over again. On the brightside, staffs are very friendly and helpful. Food is abundant and got refilled regularly.
Hotel pool is clean but not so big, and it seemed enough sun bed but that was in october where the hotel is not fully occupied. To go to the beach, it's pretty close, just walk past the pool then there's back gate that can be opened with your hotel card. At the beach, sun bed available at charge(5Euro/day).
If you come with car, there's a free public parking space next to the hotel. Or you can also park in the basement of the hotel but they'll charge you quite a lot. Similar with Wifi, you'll have to pay.
The hotel itself located at Torrox beach, just abit outside of Torrox small town. Basically, if you want to have a quiet stay just relax by the poolside, this is a suitable hotel. But if you want to do more, it's quite in the middle of nowhere. Of course you can drive to Malaga for 45minutes or to the next big city Nerja for about 10-15 minutes. Nerja quite nice and has more to offer than Torrox. Since the hotel was previously owned by German hotel chain RiuRiu(?), most of the guest are germans and the staffs speak germans beter than english :) All and all, it was a nice stay, would go back again if we stay in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PLEASE NOTE: The IBEROSTAR Málaga Playa hotel will re-open next April after a major refurbishment which is being carried out mainly to upgrade the rooms and the buffet restaurant. It will also have a new water park for children where the little ones will be able to thoroughly enjoy themselves without needing to leave the hotel. The recently refurbished IBEROSTAR Málaga Playa beach hotel is an expert at creating the best conditions to make you happy during your days of rest. The warmth of the rooms, the fun atmosphere of the entertainment activities, the pools for families, the cosy feeling of its restaurants... and, as you would expect, the best temperature in all of Europe. Discover 7 more reasons why you should choose this hotel on the Costa del Sol for your holidays. Distinctive rooms for distinctive travellers. From the most romantic Suites to enjoy a couples getaway to apartments with a kitchen. And, of course, the best views of the sea or the hotel gardens make for the best backdrop when waking up in Malaga. And recently refurbished! A few steps from the beach. The IBEROSTAR Málaga Playa enjoys direct access to over a kilometre of beach at Playa Ferrara. So you can lie down on your sun lounger and bathe in the sun's rays while sensing the Mediterranean breeze on your skin. Flavours of the world.At this hotel for children on the Costa del Sol, you not only have the best local cuisine, but you can also travel the world every evening with the themed dinners. In addition, there's a surprise for those with a sweet tooth: the wonderful desserts buffet. It’s impossible to resist the temptation of something sweet! Totally refreshing. The huge pool at this hotel in Malaga Playa will entice the whole family in for a dip. The kids can pretend to be sharks while the grownups take advantage to swim a few lengths. There's also a pool with never-ending slides so that your kids can make a splash, and another indoor pool with views of the outdoors, and a special baby pool. Non-stop activities. In the evening, the little ones can't wait for Starky and Stella to arrive at the minidisco. During the day, your kids will never get bored at the Miniclub. They will play in the pool, dress up or do handcrafts. And for you? Magic shows, dance performances, live music, and much more. Enviable temperatures. The best climate in Europe is here! The average of 18º C throughout the year and the mild summers make Torrox the best place to spend your holidays. In fact, you are likely to come across inhabitants that are proud to boast about the kind of climate they enjoy. The charm of Torrox. You can't leave without being captivated by the pristine white of its houses. A stroll around its stairways and precipitous streets will invite you to disconnect and spend the afternoon trying tapas in Constitution square, or to enjoy a few laughs with your loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Malaga Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Malaga Playa Hotel Torrox
- Riu Ferrara Hotel
- Riu Ferrara Torrox
- Iberostar Malaga Playa Torrox, Spain - Costa Del Sol