“Didn't live up to the reviews”
Review of Napoli

Napoli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went here based on the great reviews on tripadvisor and the fact that it was ranked #2 in Costa da Caparica. We were dissapointed. The welcome was good and we were shown to a table quickly, however, we waited about 10 minutes before someone came to take any order or offer a couvert. We also realised how dim the lighting was while sitting there, taking in the room. Another table that arrived after us was seen to before us and given their couvert too.

My wife had the 'fettucine pink' which was just fettucine with thinly sliced salmon laid on top and no sauce. Not very creative and it was heavily salted. I had the Gorgonzola steak which was more well done than the medium rare that I asked for. It was also drowned in sauce and melted Gorgonzola. I felt that it was too much sauce which overpowered the taste of the meat. The steak came with separate plates of French fries and vegetables. The veg was good but the fries were dry and crispy, like they were the last scraps from the bottom of the deep fat fryer.

After our main course, we waited a further 10 or 15 minutes before someone took our plates away. We asked for the bill at this point and decided to have dessert elsewhere.

The service, as well as slow, was not the most cheerful either. Maybe because we were tourists but I speak quite a bit of Portuguese so it wasn't for lack of trying to communicate in the staffs' language.

We had better and cheaper meals from other restaurants within a few minutes walk of this one and the staff were much more friendly too. I would go back to them again and would not return to Napoli.

3  Thank Beeboy2013

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I like Napoli very must, it is the best Italian in Costa da Caparica, Pasta, Pizza and Tiramisu are excellent, however it is a smoking allowed restaurant, with for me makes it no doable any more, now that I have a small kid.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Napoli is the " little gem " of Costa Caparica .A well established business , run by a very experienced and quality driven family where only perfection and customer service are the priority .
The perfect place to eat / create your own meal & relax .
Having had 15 years catering/ restaurant experience myself Napoli is a must visit !!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Italian restaurant with great atmosphere and huge food quality!
The service was very efficient, and employees very friendly!
Try the Rissoto Napoli or the Cury Rissoto Both divine!!!

2  Thank Philip W
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We always come back to Napoli, every time we`re in Costa da Caparica.
Try the beef carpaccio as a starter ( the best I ever tasted) and then a pizza
Very nice and tasty wine (portoguese )
The staff are very friendly