“Good but not as good as before.”
Review of Napoli

Napoli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Ireland
“Good but not as good as before.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We visited this restaurant twice in 2005. I really loved it then. I was looking forward to the revisit and we went and booked a table for the following night. We chose to sit indoors and I remembered it from before but felt it was a little darker, perhaps the tablecloths were brighter then, or maybe I just remember it as brighter!

The staff were good and very attentive. I liked the bucket whick arrived with little pieces of toast, bread rolls and the usual packets of Italian bread sticks. There were two nice dips as well as a glass each of muscatel.

I made a mistake in ordering my starter, I ordered a prawn cocktail based on my memory of this seven years ago! Then the prawns were warm and juicy with very little cocktail sauce, now the prawns were in their shells (half shelled) and there were about four of them in masses of sauce. My partner had a lovely bruschetta which was enormous. For main course I ordered a curry risotto which was ok not great....again the prawns in the disth were half shelled. The other main course was a lasagne which was "fine". We also had a dessert, an average tiramisu - very cakey, and a lovely chocolate mousse which was very moreish!!

The attention of the staff is excellent and the food, while good is quite average. There are lovely touches in the service. I was presented with a white carnation on leaving and it is not expensive. The meal for two of us with a bottle of wine was around €40.

• Visited August 2012

Kent
“Excellent Resturant - A Must While in Costa da Caprica”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Only stayed a week in late October and the food here was excellent so good we went back 3 times in that one week - Take my advice GO there !!!!

• Visited October 2011
new jersey
“Good but not great Italian food.”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Napoli falls short of an authentically great or above average Italian restaurant, but as far as I could tell this was one of the only or the only one Italian restaurant in town. Many of the dishes are drowned in cheeses which may make them tastier but is not my style. It was more like a chain Italian restaurant I shall not name than real Italian cuisine. Also, the odd artwork in the bathrooms did not really fit the whole theme of the place and one would think it would be deemed unsuitable for children. Animal cartoon sex really has no place in a restaurant or maybe I am just old fashioned.

Visited August 2011
Edinburgh
“Poor”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We had a table for 4 at this restaurant which started out with a good feel. The inside had a nice feel and the menu was quite good. However the staff were so dull it was uncomfortable, they could not have been more dreary if they tried. The food was ok nothing to shout about, the water had no ice and was full of herbs and lemon, when we asked for some ice water, it never came!

• Visited April 2011
Ireland
“Excellent value for money, great ambiance, wonderful food”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

This is family owned, you feel like you have come home. It is situated not far from the beach but can be hard to find, worth asking the way. Can't recommend it enough