La Locanda del Capitano
  • Breakfast included
San Martino(Montone)
Mencuccio(Citta di Castello)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa San Donnino(Citta di Castello)
  • Pool
Hotel Le Mura(Citta di Castello)
View Hotel
Residenza Antica Canonica(Citta di Castello)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsexcellent restaurantwalled villageexcellent breakfastumbrian countrysidegiancarlocheftownterraceviewshostcharmcooking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2012

What a fun place to stay! The village is small and enchanting. The owners of the hotel are wonderful. Giancarlo is quite a showman and an excellent chef--dinner was superb. I figured out that my room was outfitted as a handicapped room. There was a ramp at the doorway and the bathroom was large and would clearly be accessible to someone in a wheelchair. I'm not handicapped but I appreciated that the hotel had those provisions for people who are. I would definitely recommend this place to folks who enjoy getting a little way off the beaten path.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Wonderful place, Montone and "La Locanda del Capitano are the best you can find in Umbria and for sure one of the most beautiful places in Italy.
The "locanda" is perfect, the Chef Giancarlo Polito is the number 1.
This is one of the places to visit. Excellent.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ame111175
Reviewed May 21, 2012

La Locando del Capitano is a magical place in the utterly captivating hill town of Montone. We enjoyed 5 wonderful days here in mid April, with hosts Giancarlo and Carmen and their welcoming team. The accommodation was very comfortable and cosy, with wonderful views over the town and the countryside. The dining was superb. A most memorable experience and one we hope to repeat.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms provide wonderful views of the countryside.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

A friend in NZ recommended we stay at this hotel. Giancarlo and Carmen give this hotel the 'X factor'. They are wonderful hosts and Giancarlos kitchen is outstanding. They accommodated us in every respect and we will be recommending this hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have just returned from a rather wet weekend in Montone; my daughter is getting married in the Commune this June and we were finalising plans and La Locanda del Capitano was the ideal place to stay; The outside temperature may have been rather chilly and wet but inside the hotel was warm and welcoming. We had 4 rooms on the first floor and all were furnished in typical Italien style and were comfortable and very clean. We had dinner in the stylish restaurant where chef and patron Giancarlo greeted us and explained his wonderful menu and recommended wines to match;the meal was a culinary delight and I cannot wait until I return with my husband in June so that he to can sample Giancarlo's delicious food which I know will impress. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
gourtmatLondon, Proprietario at La Locanda del Capitano, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank's for your lovely review I' waiting you and your husband in giugno with my new dishes .