I just got back from this hotel today, and while it was adequate, there is nooooo way (on the planet that I live on) this is a four star hotel. I got there with my luggage and the reception guy who showed me to my room didn't lift a finger to help me with it. He's walking up the little hill that leads to my room holding nothing but my room key and I'm dragging a huge suitcase behind me. Grrrrrr.
There's not a whole lot of service, exacerbated I'm sure by the fact that I don't speak Italian. Forget dreams of room service, or even ice delivered to your room. Breakfast is a trip to the poolside bar (before 10AM! Grrrrrr.) for pre-packaged crackers, brioche and coffee. Thank god coffee is good anywhere in Italy, even though its served by a surly barrista. Dinner in the restaurant is crap, tough calamari and undercooked risotto. But I think most folks have little kitchenettes in which they make dinner, so that probably explains it.
The place is filled exclusively with families (expect that, since San Vito is very much a family holiday spot) and absolutely STUFFED with kids. Want to take a refreshing dip before dinner? You can't. There's a nice pool, but you won't be able to enjoy it since it's constantly over run with bambini, whirled into a frenzy by some guy (loosely based on a Club Med GO) with a microphone screaming games for them to play in the water. When adults should be able to enjoy the pool (say, 7PM) they CLOSE it. Grrrrrr.
The best thing about it is that my room was clean and the location is close enough to the beach, although pretty much everything in San Vito is near. Also, the view of the beach is pretty since the hotel is on a hill. Plus sometimes everything else is booked and you have no choice:)
That said, if you have kids, you'll probably enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a green hillside just a few meters from the beach and the marina, between trees and flowering shrubs, the Villaggio Cala Mancina overlooks at the beautiful bay of San Vito Lo Capo with its expanse of white sand, offering a panorama of incomparable beauty. The village, with its typical Mediterranean-style architecture, offers the ultimate in comfort with hospitality and services comparable to a four star hotel. The elegance of the finishes and fittings, the refinement of the furnishings, the careful arrangement of green, the intelligent distribution of the common areas, the use of local handcrafts such as wrought iron, terra-cotta tiles, marble, natural stone and brick pavers, give the entire complex a unique personality. Outside, Mediterranean gardens, where you can stroll along the paths of light and vibrant colors. Behind the apartments, almost suspended over the sea, there is a large pinewood belonging to the village, from where you can admire the small town with its white houses and the wonderful bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Calamancina Hotel San Vito Lo Capo
- Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina San Vito Lo Capo, Sicily