We were here for the last week in May and enjoyed the experience despite a few things. The positives:
good pool area, nice little bar/cafe, great location for the beach and town, rooms clean, few insects etc
negatives: our room was only cleaned once in the week (and only because we had to change rooms due to building works), can get noisy as its a family resort due to children etc so maybe not the best for a couples holiday but good for families, there was a bit of a noise coming from the bathroom at random times of the day which w think was being made by the boiler next door
One thing we noticed on our last day was the addition of a new lifeguard; he was very unfriendly and enforced some new rules which were not in place the 6 days we were there already; he blew his whistle at everyone who attempted to jump in the pool and got everyone to wear swimming caps (which you had to go to reception to get!), which made things inconvenient for a lot of guests. To make matters worse, he closed the pool between 1pm-3pm which are obviously the peak times!! We later noticed there was a sign for the pool hours which say they are from 10am-1pm and 3pm-7pm which wasn't enforced before that, so perhaps people travelling at peak season should bear this in mind.
Also wanted to say the lady working in the cafe is very friendly and works very hard, couldn't believe she was working 7 days breakfast to dinner! Makes a good cocktail too!
All in all a lovely resort in an amazing location (the sea is stunning) but could do with getting rid of that annoying lifeguard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a green hillside just a few meters from the beach and the marina, between trees and flowering shrubs, the Villaggio Cala Mancina overlooks at the beautiful bay of San Vito Lo Capo with its expanse of white sand, offering a panorama of incomparable beauty. The village, with its typical Mediterranean-style architecture, offers the ultimate in comfort with hospitality and services comparable to a four star hotel. The elegance of the finishes and fittings, the refinement of the furnishings, the careful arrangement of green, the intelligent distribution of the common areas, the use of local handcrafts such as wrought iron, terra-cotta tiles, marble, natural stone and brick pavers, give the entire complex a unique personality. Outside, Mediterranean gardens, where you can stroll along the paths of light and vibrant colors. Behind the apartments, almost suspended over the sea, there is a large pinewood belonging to the village, from where you can admire the small town with its white houses and the wonderful bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Calamancina Hotel San Vito Lo Capo
- Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina San Vito Lo Capo, Sicily