“Disappoining pizza and the worst salad”

La Dolce Vita, Ristorante - Pizzeria
Ranked #124 of 167 Restaurants in San Vito lo Capo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bucharest, Romania
“Disappoining pizza and the worst salad”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

During the week spent at San Vito we had lunch at many restaurants struggling to find the best. One afternoon, returning from the beach, we stopped at La dolce vita.
On the outside it looked a nice restaurant with a good position on the main street.
We were 2 families and each ordered something else; men have opted for pizza and we asked for salads.The salads looked appetizing in menu, but they were very bad, with unripe, horribles tomatoes. I asked the waiter (a woman) how is it possible to serve a salad with tomatoes so bad, and she felt uncomfortable because she knew I was right.
The pizzas were also disappoining.
The price was high compared to the quality.
I have never returned.

“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

It was such a busy night, we walked around comparing menus for hours - with a queue outside every restaurant. We eventually have up an decide just to go in whatever was closest... La Dolce Vita, right on the Main Street, by the beach. We went in and sat by the window with a great view onto the passing crowds. We ate a GORGEOUS meal, with lovely house red wine. Whilst chatting with the waiter using a mixture of basic Italian and English - my husband mentioned we were out celebrating his birthday. After we finished our meals they offered coffee and desert, we had coffee. Then soon surprised us with ice cream and champagne, complimentary for his birthday. Top place. Would go again and recommend to all.

• Visited June 2013
“A brilliant birthday (compleano benne)”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very good food and atmosphere. We sat at the front and people watched all night. Gelato for my birthday from the cameriera. Pratica mio italliano!!

Zeeland, Nederland
“Great food, great people!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had dinner here twice during our stay in San VIto Lo Capo and both times were excellent!

Pasta, pizza, fish starter, cheese, coffee: all great!

Extra nice is the very friendly and helpful staff, who made it even better!

We will sure be back next time we are in Sicily!

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The best Sicilian Salad in the World”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

What an amazing restaurant! Excellent & authentic food, lovely staff, great atmosphere& oh, what a location!
I had much nicer meal there than in other (&busier) restaurants in San Vito...
I went there for dinner by myself and quite late on Monday evening & as they weren't too busy anymore, half way through my dinner I was talking to Mario, the chef who crafted my meal.
Later on all the staff sat down together for a drink and asked me to join their table, so I had a drink with them and they were such a lovely people! They've told me a lot about San Vito & their life there.. They were so nice & friendly! I have to say out of all the places I've eaten at during this 6day trip La Dolce Vita was just the best place overall.
I'd recommend everyone to eat there& to visit San Vito.
Life really is La Dolce Vita there...

• Visited May 2013