Review Highlights
Amazing first dive holiday experience!!

Reviewed 1 week ago
Carol C
The Best Dive Trip Ever!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
fralambe
Dundalk, Ireland

All reviews his team my girlfriend san vito great dive dive shop marine life experienced divers professional dive center dive master advanced open water course via email small group bring your own rob instructor equipment english
Reviewed 1 week ago

14 of us from our local dive club had booked a week of diving with Under 100 dive center recently. Catering for different levels of dive experience 1*,2* and 3*. I myself a newly certified 1* diver have had 11 amazing dives with Roberto & Marina and their brilliant team Marco, Danniello, and Andre. Plenty of octopus cuttle fish and other marine life were seen along with some lovely rock formations. Each dive was fun and ran smoothly. I would highly recommend diving with this center and we will most definitely be back for another visit soon to explore some more.

1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have just returned from a week long dive trip to the Under Hundred Padi Dive Centre in San Vito lo Capo, Sicily. Apologies for the long review but I have so much I want to say about this wonderful diving experience.
The dive centre is run by Marina sand Roberto Fermo and their excellent and experienced team. Myself and 3 colleagues planned the trip on behalf of our club group of 14 divers from Ireland. We did extensive research and taking advice from a friend from Sicily we decided on visiting San Vito. We chose the Under Hundred Dive Centre for a number of reasons:
Roberto for his excellent English and his efficient and prompt assistance in helping us to plan the trip
The wide range of dive sites with interesting sea life
Proximity to the beach, hotel and town of San Vito
The ability of the dive centre to accommodate a large group of divers with varied dive experience
From the first phone call Roberto could not have done more to assist us in every detail of the planning of our trip. He promptly answered all of our dive related questions. He made inquiries on our behalf with local hotels and helped us to make a final decision on the most suitable hotel. He assisted us in booking the minibus transfer for our group (with our dive gear) from the airport to our hotel and he helped us to book a tour to a local historical town Erice on our last day prior to returning home.
Roberto and his team provided 11 of my most memorable diving experiences. Good diving is dependant on being comfortable and relaxed in the water. The Under Hundred provided a no fuss but meticulous preparation for each dive and was attentive to both the group and individual needs of each diver. Each day we had a dive at 9:00 and 15:00 and Roberto provided a very detailed dive brief to introduce each new dive location complete with the sea life that we were likely to encounter. This afforded ample time to relax between dives and enjoy the facilities at our excellent Hotel Mediterraneo, the local beach and San Vito.
Diving was the focus and purpose of our trip and the range of dive sites and abundant sea life was superb. The underwater scenery was interesting and varied from reefs, to drop offs to arches and caves all with wonderfully clear visibility that we rarely experience at our Irish dive sites. The average temperature of the water was 22 degrees so we were comfortably warm in wetsuits with no gloves! We saw octopus on nearly every dive! other sea life included cuttlefish, seals of a wide variety, fish including some grouper, Horse shoe and spoon worms, corals, nudibrach, sea urchins and moray eels. A high point in our diving week was the night dive. Tiny shrimp swarmed around our torch beams and numerous cuttlefish and octopus were out and about hunting. We were thrilled to observe the feeding frenzy. My best dive ever!
Each day after diving we relaxed in the evening at a variety of excellent local restaurants enjoying the delicious local Sicilian cuisine.
There is an old Sicilian saying, 'Where you leave your hat you will return'. My DSAC hat is with Marina and Roberto at the Under Hundred Dive Centre.
Frances Mc from Ireland

1  Thank fralambe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I hadn't planned on diving whilst in Sicily, but the resort was so close,I got tempted.
Speaking to Roberto, I was impressed by his friendly and professional manner.
Although I'm a very big man, Roberto assured me he had kit to fit...and he did.
Mares reg, a new BCD, and a wetsuit to fit a tall Fatboy! Computers can be hired too.
As I hadn't dived for a couple of years, a gentle 15m was planned, where we could drop down to 25 if comfortable.
Only 2 other divers, plus Roberto on the well maintained RIB, we had a short trip to the site...more morays than I've seen on one dive... nudibranchs, groupers, schools of small fish, beautiful wrasse..couple of overhangs and a small swim through.
A great introduction to the area on a well lead dive at gentle pace.
A deep dive planned for today, which I'm looking forward to!

1  Thank jim s
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the discovery experience today and it was absolutely amazing. Very friendly and fun instructors, there is even a dog on a boat! Massive plus from us :) highly recommend.

Nuosirdziai rekomenduojame, tai buvo musu pirmas kartas nardant. Instruktoriai buvo be galo draugiski ir kompanija kateryje buvo labai gera :)

1  Thank A3lita
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just finished a week's diving with Roberto and his crew. Totally professional and great fun. Top class service with a smile all week. Highly recommend this Dive Centre.
Ger Collins, Dundalk Sub Aqua.

1  Thank Ger C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were taken on three awesome dives at well chosen spots, and as there was no one else around, enjoyed the exclusive tour with Roberto and Daniele (and the dog).

Great spots, great team, well equipped center.

2  Thank tobneumann
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

The most amazing experience with these guys. I was attending a friend's wedding and they gave me a sanctuary and looked after me. All staff were lovely and most importantly professional. The kit was of great quality and condition and was a pleasure to use and better than my own!
Roberto and Fernando were simply the best. They were brilliant guides great fun and even took the time to take me on a personal dive to the most amazing cave, simply incredible.
The diving was far better than I had thought albeit a little cold! But crystal clear water full of colour and life. Saw multiple octopus lobsters and some rather huge tuna.
I was even able to dive with my brother got the first time in years and the whole experience was perfect.
Loved every moment and will certainly return and happy to recommend them to anyone.
Thank you and see you soon I hope. I must come back for the wreck dive.
Elizabeth

1  Thank LilyB825
Reviewed September 26, 2018

„We do it like in the movies,“ said Roberto, who actually looks a bit like Sean Connery. And so my first diving lesson started: fully geared up, back-rolling from the boat into the Mediterranean sea. From the first to the last minute of my PADI Open Water Diver training I felt I could fully trust Roberto. He is an exceptionally experienced instructor who has trained divers on three continents for decades — always calm and gentle, yet never without the clarity necessary to keep things under control. I feel privileged having had the opportunity to dive with him.

2  Thank r0bertbauer
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We spent a days diving with Roberto and team. The whole day ran really smoothly and was great fun. Roberto knew his stuff and was also very relaxed and funny. Visibility was excellent and the underwater scenery nice. We saw octopus, grouper, nudibranch, fire worm, cuttlefish and morays.

1  Thank MatthewG3513
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I was able to complete my PADI Open Water with the Under Hundred group over the month of August 2018. I have to admit, planning this trip in advance, they were the dive shop that offered the quickest answers via email and made sure that my questions were answered. I completed the online course online prior in order to make the most out of it while at destination.

Upon arrival, I noted a tight group of instructors, very qualified and experienced. This is a family owned and family run business which I really liked. The service was impeccable and friendly. They met with me and layed out the schedule of the next few days to complete the course. Over the following days, we joked around prior and after the sessions. They were also very patient with me and dispensed the course in Italian to my preference, meanwhile being completely fluent in english when I did not understand.

After spending a few days in San Vito Lo Capo, it became clear to me that I had made the right decision to go with this dive school. There is a diversity of dive sites that one can go to and that you will most likely have the chance to explore if you spend a few days there.

Overall great experience and felt like home for the week I was there. Was sad to leave and definitely felt like they taught me a bunch! Nando, Julia, Marina, Roberto and Andrea you are my heros!

San Vito has also a lot to offer and is tucked away such that the people that make it there are locals or on vacation so the pace is nice. I camped a few nights to catch the sunrise or sunset (or both if you go close to the lighthouse). You could totally do without a car during the daytime and within the city but I wanted to have the liberty of driving to places further out and moving on my own schedule as public transport is patchy.

1  Thank Oliver G