“Hit and Miss”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Zurich, Switzerland
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The staff are flexible and friendly, the food reasonable, the selection of wine limited and over-priced compared to other restaurants in the area. Cous-Cous to be avoided! Fish recommended.

• Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“We loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've seen the other reviews and I must say I disagree. Food was good. We ate here two times. The cous cous with vegetables was good and also the fish on the grill and the fish and prawns spiadine (skewers) and the deserts (we had canoli and pistachio mousse). They served great white wines original from Sicily. The owner himself was serving at the tables and the place was full at lunchtime.

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Not good at all! Complete rip off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We didn't know where to go so we thought we would give this one a go. The owner was outside looking for customers so welcomed us in. We wanted a fairly casual dinner so ordered a main dish each. My boyfriend went for the spaghetti vongole while I chose the swordfish and king prawn kebabs. When my boyfriends dish came out it was very very small but tasted nice (but it was 15 euros which was ridiculous for its size!!) while my plate was ridiculous. I got 4 tiny slices of swordfish and the rest were king prawn HEADS, completely indebile, places on a skewer and covered in tasteless breadcrumbs. It took me less than a minute to finish my meal (which was about 12 euros) as 70% of it was inedible prawn heads. I also ordered a side of potatoes which didn't arrive as the owner thought I pointed at the green salad on the menu (his english was not very good) which was a tiny bowl of just iceberg lettuce charged at 3 euros!!! We couldn't even complain about the meal as we couldn't speak italian and he wouldnt understand our english so we left. Couldn't help but feel like we were taken advantage of as we were english tourists- don't go here.

• Visited May 2012
Avellino, Italy
“Good Cous cous and fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

This is a small, cosy restaurant in the pedestrian zone of San Vito Lo Capo, with few tables outside, under a porch. The owners, a mature couple, share the work around the table and serve good cous cous (a speciality of this area, unique in Italy) and fish.

Avellino, Italy
“Good cous cous and fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010