WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in San Vito lo Capo
Bucharest, Romania
“Places in the heart...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is not about the famous movie, it is only the right title of my review and what I want to tell by that is: if you love to travel and you’re really lucky, you can find places and people that will remain forever in your heart, dear memories. This is what I feel about Piccolo Mondo.
At the end of February when I planned the trip in Sicily for June (2 families), I made a serious research on TripAdvisor in order to decide where to go.
I never even thought to go in San Vito lo Capo, but reading the reviews about best hotels in Sicily, I was surprised to discover in top 5 best hotels in Sicily this 3* hotel Piccolo Mondo.
I read all the reviews and, amazed by the absence of negative impressions, I decided to contact the owner in order to make a reservation.
Even more surprising was that in February there were only 2 rooms available, not even the best rooms, it means without balcony, everything else was already sold.
I decided right away that we have to go there, even if we usually don't choose 3* hotels.
I have never regretted this decision, we enjoyed a wonderful stay in San Vito lo Capo and the merit belongs to Vito and his family, always concerned to ensure guests the best conditions.
I don't want to repeat what has already been written in more than 270 reviews about this hotel immaculately clean, you can trust all the excellent reviews, don't exaggerate with anything.
I only want to say that: if you want to spend a week very close to a great beach with crystal water, in a small town which still preserve its original atmosphere, with great restaurants (Vito will send you to the best, his recommendations were always correct and very helpful, not only for restaurants, but about everything in the area, even for the best parking in Palermo!) in a hotel with warm family atmosphere, offering a breakfast unusually rich for Italy, then go to Piccolo Mondo and you will never be disappointed.
We want to return. I have met people who came for 15 years at this hotel!
Dear Vito, thank you for everything, we wish all the best for you and your dear family and we hope to see you again!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony with sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank viviRomania

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Two weeks in San Vito, two weeks in this hotel. Loved it! We had a nice room with terrace and great view. Free wifi, good breakfast, great service, clean rooms. This ticks all boxes for me.

I'm glad I picked the hotel and would return without hesitation!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Los T
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Piccolo Mondo, especially after the noisy room experience of the previous hotel. The rooms were relatively quiet, although most hotels have some kind of noisiness which should always be accounted for. The manager addressed me by my first name and often asked if I was allright: I liked this personal note and it makes you feel more like a guest than a customer.
Breakfast was nice: not overly stacked but it had most essentials as some fruits, the sweets and the hearty stuff.
The best thing was it's distance to the beach and the room had a lovely (partly) seaview.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DidiDuck
denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

From the first minute we walked into the Hotel Piccolo Mondo, to the second we left, we had excellent service. The hotel is very bright and modern and it is also very clean. The rooms are cleaned every day and the cleaners make a very good job of it.
Breakfast is very varied and includes, fruit, cereals, toast, croissant, a selection of Sicilian sweet pastries, fruit juice, tea or coffee. They also have a sweet Sicilian yoghurt which is wonderful with honey.
The hotel is situated 200m from the beach. When you walk out the door you can see it. You are also in the middle of the town and very close to all the eating places.

We are very choosy about holiday accomodation but we just cannot fault this hotel. Great location, great staff and nice accomodation at a good price.

3 Thank Steveindenmark
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Haven't stayed in a 3 star hotel for a while and what a treat this was. Right next to the beach and clearly newly refurbished. The staff are so helpful and friendly...everybody seems to be related but then this is no surprise in Sisily!...nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast is adequate...coffee divine and always a fresh, local cake. Get a room with a balcony because you can see the sea although they really aren't big enough to sit and have an evening drink. There is another building across the road so you have to cross a small road for breakfast. There's no bar to speak off but we were offered drinks on returning to the hotel after supper. Bathrooms aren't huge but enough to wash the sand off but take shower gel/shampoo as you are only given a tiny sachet. There are loads of local shops to buy everything you need anyway so that's not a biggie. I'm not sure how noisy the hotel buildings would be if the hotel were full because there is a lot of tiling but we slept several nights with the window open and weren't bothered by traffic noise. There is air conditioning which you would undoubtedly need in the high season. There are some bikes you can use although there is a rental service a couple of blocks away. Our room had a fridge and we were encouraged to fill it with anything we liked. For some reason there was a mix up re our dates and as a consequence we had to move room for the last night but , in return for this inconvenience, we were refunded a nights rental. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a reasonably priced break in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony
Wormer, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a fine hotel, but the extremely positive reviews on TripAdvisor are perhaps a bit exaggerated.

Yes, the staff is very friendly.
Yes, everything is new, clean, and decorated nicely.
Yes, the rates out of season are very reasonable.

But: the rooms are not soundproofed so you do hear the traffic (not a lot) and the other guests and the hot water for the shower depends on the sun. (We were there after a cloudy day and the hot water ran out.)

So, the hotel is fine but you may be disappointed after reading all the extremely positive reviews.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stefan_Boer
VitoGs, Proprietario at Hotel Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear customer, thank you for choosing our hotel and for expressing your opinion.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the temporary problem of hot water, unfortunately there was a contemporary and excessive use of hot water, in a very cloudy day.

With regard to your disappointment, I want highlight, that you have arrived without a reservation and for one night, accepting the only available room, maybe a little louder than the other rooms. I'm sorry to have disappointed your expectations, I hope to have you again as our guests for a longer time and to find a better solution for you.
Valetta, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My friend and I arrived at the hotel for only one night, and I only wish we could have stayed longer. The family is vey hospitable and made it clear from the beginning of our stay that our comfort was their main priority. Upon arrival the owners' son, Marco knew exactly who we were and introduced himself before graciously showing us to our rooms. Later on in the evening we met his father who was extremely helpful in giving us directions for the next day and suggesting some good local restaurants. A delicious, fresh breakfast is included and a great way to start the day. That morning they happened to have the most delicious homemade ricotta cake and when they realized how much we enjoyed it, they sent us off with two more slices for the road! The rooms are very comfortable, clean and tastefully decorated. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to friends!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends