I've stayed in this hotel for the first time last year twice but it was a company booking and of course the way how they treated me was completely different then as it was now, when I stayed there through personal reservation. But my opinion is kind of the same.
It is a very expensive hotel, you can find much more cheaper ones around the Fiumicino Airport. And I think you only pay for the "Hilton" name. Especially that this is "lower budget" line of the Hilton chain. I chose this hotel because I kind of had to, but it's another story.
For this very high price you'll get totally average service. And I mean it. I've been in other 4-star hotels and the service was way better in most of them.
The receptionists - almost all of them - are very cold and quiet. You have to get every information out them with pliers (figuratively speaking of course). The same applies to most of the waiters in the restaurant. I came across - during my 3 stays here - with only 1 very kind and helpful waiter (but he was very young so... :) ). The others looked like they don't even wanna be there. Though the food itself was good. Nothing special, but it is at least good.
The room was clean, and with all the things you could need. I was especially grateful for the so-fresh towels, they were still warm when I got there! The toiletries are by Neutrogena, a very good brand, so it's a positive thing again in the room.
Another great feature is that the check-out time is later then in any other hotels I've been before: it's 12.00 noon. Excellent!
And let's don't forget about their airport shuttle which leaves the hotel or the airport in every 30 minutes. The drivers are always very helpful and kind. And of course the service is free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino airport platform in front of Cargo City. A complimentary Airport Shuttle service is provided from the hotel to/from the airport from 5 AM to 1 AM. The service is operated by a yellow, Orange, Blue & Green Bus with "Easy Parking" Logos on both sides. Please look for "Airport Shuttle" Signs. Free wi-fi Internet access is available throughout the hotel and free 24-hour Business Centre with high speed Internet access and remote printing facilities. All 282 guestrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport have modern decor and soundproofed windows. Each includes a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Self-adjusting Garden Sleep System beds with duvets and ergonomic Mirra chair. In-room safe, individual climate control, reading lamps, two telephones and tea and coffee making facilities. This is 100% non smoking Hotel. For guests who smokes the Hotel has designed smoking areas outside the building to accommodate their needs. There is a room recovery fee of 150 €uro for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition. On-site restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and offering traditional Italian/International cuisine and a Lounge Bar featuring plasma screens and offering cocktails, sandwiches, salads and more. Guests can use the microwave room to prepare ready-to-cook meals sold at Pavilion Pantry shop. The hotel is a 2-minute drive from the A91 Highway for easy connections to the EUR business district. Trains to Fiera Roma and central Rome leave from the airport train station, and the ride takes around 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Fiumicino
- Fiumicino Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Fiumicino