“A hotel that works with their customers!”

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel from the day it opened. While the hotel is convenient and the rooms nice for a nights stay before leaving on your journey, it is the staff that makes the hotel. From the moment you arrive by car they are very thoughtful while you unload your luggage go to the room and temporarily park your car in the car lot, not charging you for a short stay. They are more than willing go give directions in Rome or a restaurant near by. When called upon to help they are always there. I have just recently had the occasion to call upon their administrative staff to handle a problem for me and again they did not let me down. Even though it may be a one night stay it sure is nice to stay somewhere where they appreciate you and your business!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting this positive review on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad that during the years you continue to stay with us and also that you continue to have positive experience in the Hotel, thank you for your loyalty to the Brand and to the Hotel.
I hope we can have another chance to meet again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed twice at the Rome airport on one trip. Once at the begining of my eastern med cruise, once at the end. My first stay was at the Hilton Garden Inn, the second at the regular Hilton.

My rooms were almost identical. Both were clean, quiet, well appointed, similar furniture, color, and style. The restaurants about the same.

The differences were access, activities, and cost. I was using Hilton HHonors points and cash for both stays.

The Garden Inn was a bit harder to access. The shuttle ran every half hour (not a big deal), but as the main driver was at dinner, they sent an eight person van for the 20 or so waiting for a ride. The next run was a full sized bus. Walking from the terminal not an option. The regular Hilton connected to the terminal by walkways and overhead tunnel.

Activities were limited at the Garden Inn, although I guess you could ride back in, get to the Hilton and use the free bus to the center of Rome or visit the stores in the airport.

Dining at the Garden Inn was the hotel or a ride back to the terminal. At the regular Hilton it was a short walk back to the terminal and less expensive dining.

Room cost however gave the Garden variety a big lead over the regular Hilton. For my stay, the point and dollar cost was significantly lower at the Garden Inn.

So, if you can put up with the limited shuttle (really not that big a deal), I'd save the cash and stay here. But if the price is close, stay at the regular Hilton.

Both hotels had excellent staff and had no problems with early check-ins.

Room Tip: Upper floors had a nice view of landing planes.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SenseIntoDollars
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your review to TripAdvisior. First of all I wanted to thank you for your loyalty to the brand and for both Airport property. I'm happy to read that you've received good service from both Hotel and that both gave you good value for money.
I hope you can enjoy your stay with us again!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Finding the free shuttle bus from the Leonardo da Vinci/Fiumicino airport to the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport was by far the biggest fiasco of our entire 24-day trip to Italy. We were fortunate that it came at the very end of our trip, because it would have been no way to start out. We flew in to the Rome airport from Catania on Alitalia. Alitalia uses Terminal 1. The shuttle bus to the hotel was parked not far from Terminal 3. Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 are not close to each other at all; they are separated by several hundred yards.

I called the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport multiple times for directions about how to find the shuttle bus. Because I spoke English, they apparently assumed that I was at the International Terminal – Terminal 3. No matter how hard I tried, I could not convince them that we were actually at Terminal 1. None of the directions they gave us made any sense. We tried asking people who worked at the airport, but no matter who we asked at the airport for directions, they told us something different: Go up one floor and walk to such-and-such a place; go down one floor and walk to such-and-such a place; go up two floors and walk to such-and-such a place; go down two floors and walk to such-and-such a place, ad infinitum.

After more than an hour and a half of unproductive searching, and after walking back and forth over the same territory repeatedly, dragging our bags behind us, I finally was able to connect with someone at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport who was helpful – a nice young lady named Francesca. Francesca realized that we were actually at Terminal 1, not Terminal 3, and was able to provide the correct directions to the shuttle bus. By the time we finally found the shuttle bus and got to the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, I could have ripped a head or two off of someone, anyone.

After we finally did get to the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, Francesca checked us in. She was a very sweet young lady, and she wrapped me around her finger—literally! By the time she was done with me, I probably would have done anything she asked. As it was apparent to Francesca that we were not about to eat dinner in the hotel, she provided a great suggestion. She recommended that we take a cab to the Lungo Mare Fumicino area – just a short ride away – and said that there are many nice fish restaurants in that area. Francesca was right; we were more than happy with that suggestion.

Aside from the shuttle-bus fiasco, we were pleased with most everything at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paolo-Chris

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us and for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. It's important to have constructive feedback from you and I'm glad that once you were in the Hotel the experience turned from complicated to positive. We are currentrly working together with the Airport authority, in order to improve the signage and the directions to the Hotel, I really apologise for the confusion.
I'll personally praise Francesca for the good job done, and thank you for highlighting her positive attitude.
I hope we can meet again for your next visit to the eternal city!

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I had very early international flight from Rome to Asia. It was quite worry for me to leave downtown to airport @ 4 am but found this hilton near to airport. Nice service! I asked by email through trpadvisor if they can take me to the airport @ 5 am. The reply was fast and positive even if their regular starting time for shuttle is 6:00! They will also kindly prepare my early breakfast box! 24 hours wifi free access, smily staff with hilarious voices, I love to stay here when I come back next time.

• Stayed: December 2012
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to read that you had a positive stay in our Hotel and that you've found good service.
Thank you for the Ilarious voices, It would be nice to have more details about that in order to be more aware of our precious skills!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just a 10 minute bus ride from the airport - not hard to find once you've read it off their website. The buses are very punctual and the timetable is frequent - every half hour during the day and quicker in the busy periods. The rooms are great - very comfortable beds and great showers, there is coffee makers and coffee supplied. The breakfast in the mornings was great - much better than standard European continental - including a waffle maker and hash browns. The memorable service i received made my visit. The second night I stayed I had to be at the airport at 5am which was earlier than their shuttle service started and I had a rate which automatically included breakfast. The front staff made sure I would still get a shuttle service (one especially for early departing guests) and a breakfast bag for me to take. I was quite impressed. I would definitely stay here if you have a late flight in or early flights out instead of heading all the way into Rome city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CC161

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us and for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that your experience was overall positive and that the staff impressed you for the attitute. I hope we can have another chance to meet you for your next visit to the Eternal city!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed one night here after flying in to join a cruise the next day. On the whole we thought it good value for money, comfortable and welcoming.

The walk to the shuttle bus at the airport was longer than anticipated, a bit of a slog - but the bus turned up on schedule and we were checked in quickly after a ride of less than ten minutes. The lobby is large and buzzy with a smart bar and functional restaurant. The room was a good size and well equipped: good storage, tea and coffee makings, effective air con and free and efficient wifi. The bathroom was very good and I was delighted to find two sizes of bath towel, one ideal for wrapping up wet hair - wish all hotels would supply this!

Breakfast was excellent, with a super coffee machine for coffee lovers and extra dishes to order if required.

The only reason I'm not giving this hotel an 'excellent' is that the much vaunted adjustable bed did not adjust on my side. I cranked the handle but could not get it to firm up and spent the night sunk deep into the mattress. It was too late.really, to try to get it fixed that night, but I reported it in the morning and got an email apologising about it later - thoughtful service. We would definitely stay here again on a stopover.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying in our Hotel and for posting this positive review. Your feedback is really important for us and I appreciated that it is so detailed for every aspect of your stay.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We made the mistake of staying here, it is close to the airport but very far from Rome, we were told that other hotels by the aiport offer shuttles into Rome. This one doesn't.... we missed our morning tour due to lack of transportation. Along with that my luggage was misplaced by the airlines, they said they would deliver them to the hotel when the suitcases were located, so we would checked with the front desk when we would return to the hotel. The staff acted put out by our questioning them on that or even about making change for their washer & dryers. They have a small convenience store, with a few items. Like shower caps (some hotels include) and ice cream that was melted. I would say they were a rip off but since the hotel was so far from anything except the airport, what can you say. The room was nice clean and large. No noise and the laundry room also was nice. Mostly what we didn't care for was the staff and poor location if you want to do or see anything in Rome along with being close to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIRA, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry if a part of your experience was not good, I really apologise. Your constructive point will help us to improve our performance in order to not make it happen again. Thank you for staying with us! Sincerely, Simone Iovacchini Director of Operations