Finding the free shuttle bus from the Leonardo da Vinci/Fiumicino airport to the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport was by far the biggest fiasco of our entire 24-day trip to Italy. We were fortunate that it came at the very end of our trip, because it would have been no way to start out. We flew in to the Rome airport from Catania on Alitalia. Alitalia uses Terminal 1. The shuttle bus to the hotel was parked not far from Terminal 3. Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 are not close to each other at all; they are separated by several hundred yards.
I called the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport multiple times for directions about how to find the shuttle bus. Because I spoke English, they apparently assumed that I was at the International Terminal – Terminal 3. No matter how hard I tried, I could not convince them that we were actually at Terminal 1. None of the directions they gave us made any sense. We tried asking people who worked at the airport, but no matter who we asked at the airport for directions, they told us something different: Go up one floor and walk to such-and-such a place; go down one floor and walk to such-and-such a place; go up two floors and walk to such-and-such a place; go down two floors and walk to such-and-such a place, ad infinitum.
After more than an hour and a half of unproductive searching, and after walking back and forth over the same territory repeatedly, dragging our bags behind us, I finally was able to connect with someone at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport who was helpful – a nice young lady named Francesca. Francesca realized that we were actually at Terminal 1, not Terminal 3, and was able to provide the correct directions to the shuttle bus. By the time we finally found the shuttle bus and got to the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, I could have ripped a head or two off of someone, anyone.
After we finally did get to the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, Francesca checked us in. She was a very sweet young lady, and she wrapped me around her finger—literally! By the time she was done with me, I probably would have done anything she asked. As it was apparent to Francesca that we were not about to eat dinner in the hotel, she provided a great suggestion. She recommended that we take a cab to the Lungo Mare Fumicino area – just a short ride away – and said that there are many nice fish restaurants in that area. Francesca was right; we were more than happy with that suggestion.
Aside from the shuttle-bus fiasco, we were pleased with most everything at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino airport platform in front of Cargo City. A complimentary Airport Shuttle service is provided from the hotel to/from the airport from 5 AM to 1 AM. The service is operated by a yellow, Orange, Blue & Green Bus with "Easy Parking" Logos on both sides. Please look for "Airport Shuttle" Signs. Free wi-fi Internet access is available throughout the hotel and free 24-hour Business Centre with high speed Internet access and remote printing facilities. All 282 guestrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport have modern decor and soundproofed windows. Each includes a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Self-adjusting Garden Sleep System beds with duvets and ergonomic Mirra chair. In-room safe, individual climate control, reading lamps, two telephones and tea and coffee making facilities. This is 100% non smoking Hotel. For guests who smokes the Hotel has designed smoking areas outside the building to accommodate their needs. There is a room recovery fee of 150 €uro for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition. On-site restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and offering traditional Italian/International cuisine and a Lounge Bar featuring plasma screens and offering cocktails, sandwiches, salads and more. Guests can use the microwave room to prepare ready-to-cook meals sold at Pavilion Pantry shop. The hotel is a 2-minute drive from the A91 Highway for easy connections to the EUR business district. Trains to Fiera Roma and central Rome leave from the airport train station, and the ride takes around 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Fiumicino
- Fiumicino Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Fiumicino