“Comfortable and functional stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed for one night at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport in August 2012. I had a very comfortable stay overall. The front-desk staff was very friendly.

Pros: Friendly staff. Room was very clean and comfortable. AC, TV, and WiFi all worked well. Free shuttle to/from the hotel (be sure to read the instructions for finding the shuttle area at the airport). Breakfast! The buffet breakfast was delicious and featured flavors for both European and American tastes. After six weeks in Italy, I was happy to tuck into scrambled eggs and fried potatoes. I saw a placard on the table that they even make pancakes!

Cons: This is NOT the hotel's fault, but the ride from the airport to the hotel was very uncomfortable due to some rowdy airport employees who spoke across me the whole time.

Note: This hotel is located very close to the airport and not much else. I would not recommend it as a home base for visiting Rome. It's ideal when you are on the way to/from the airport.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling in or out of Rome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelingPenguin
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your comment and for staying with us. I really appreciate your detailed review and we feel happy if your experience was so positive. Your comment is very important for us, we hope to have another chance to meet you for your next trip to Italy!

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Rome airport. The hotel was a new upscale hotel. They have sleep number beds with FREE WiFi which was very helpful in getting seat reservations. The FREE breakfast was a great variety of American and European cuisine. Check in was very smooth and they had a shuttle to the airport which took us right to our terminal within 5 minutes. The price was right for an Airport hotel in Rome.

Room Tip: We chose a first floor room for ease with our luggage.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SusanSwenson

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that your stay were overall positive in all aspect, I'll personally praise the Team for the good job!
Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the Hilton Garden Inn. We had had a very poor experience at an airport hotel (not a Hilton property) a couple of years ago and were hesitant to stay at one again. I'm happy to say that I can highly recommend this property and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if the opportunity arose.

Customer satisfaction was extremely important to the management - featured a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied. Room was very comfortable - had a work surface that was set up very conveniently for laptop use - good wi-fi connection - also offered ethernet access. Has a very good restaurant. Convenient to the airport.

We also met the Director of Operations, Simone Iovacchini, as he made his way through the lobby/restaurant area personally asking people how they were enjoying their stay. It was obvious that customer satisfaction is taken very seriously by the staff and management. In all my years of business/pleasure hotel travel, I've never had someone from the management staff stop and take the time to ask me what I really think of the service and property.

Shuttle bus service was well organized. The hotel shuttle bus service stops at Shuttle Bus Stall #11. The pick up point has very clear signage and also includes a speaker phone so that you can contact the hotel if you have any questions about when the next bus is scheduled to pick up, though the signage does include a schedule of pick up times - I think it's pretty difficult to stick to the exact schedule due to traffic and hotel departures.

This is a great choice if you need a room at the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HGIRA, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

it was a pleasure to meeting you in the restaurant and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'll personally praise the team for this nice review, and I look forward to meet you for your next visit in Italy!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My sister and I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn twice this year (2012). Our first visit was under very stressful conditions. We were among the many passengers who arrived via bus from the Costa Concordia shipwreck on January 14. Can you imagine the task the Hilton faced when buses arrived with tired, worn out, stressed passengers? The passengers had only what they were carrying, so no extra clothes, toiletries, money, shoes, you name it. We stood with others watching in horror and amazement as the large screen televisions in the lobby showed the ship over and over. For my sister and I, that was the first time we heard of the many deceased and missing passengers. We were truly among the lucky ones.
We were also so fortunate to have arrived at the Hilton. The staff was marvelous! They handled the difficult situation with professionalism and genuine concern. One young clerk, Francesca, acted with such grace and maturity. And she was relatively new to the Hilton. Our room was heaven. We immediately climbed into the soft bed with the warm blankets. We felt like we were finally safe. We slept soundly for several hours and then faced the continued confusion and chaos created by Costa representatives.
In contrast to the Costa staff, the Hilton personnel and the Italian volunteers were so reassuring and comforting. The Hilton handled meals, taxis, buses, and the press in a professional manner. They were so efficient. It was wonderful to note someone was in charge and knew what they were doing. Our hats are off to Mr. Simone Iovacchini, the Director of Operations, and his staff.
At the beginning of September, my sister and I returned to Italy and Giglio Island. We wanted to see the island in daylight, to thank the owners of the newspaper and coffee shops, and the priest. We also wanted to thank the Hilton staff. We sit again at the bar where in January we toasted our survival with our Canadian dinner and lifeboat companions. The Hilton staff again was wonderful. The food was still excellent and our beds were just as soft as we remembered. Francesca again arranged transportation for us to the airport. Congratulations Mr. Iovacchini on your wonderful operation. It is because of you and your staff that I will use Hilton facilities whenever I can! Thank you from all of the passengers and crew members that you treated as family during that most difficult off times.

4  Thank WonderLife2014

Dear Madame,

thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It's hard to describe that period for all of us involved in that particular and tragic situation, what I can say is that we did our best to make feel all the passenger and the staff at home. I'm really glad that you highlighted the human aspect, it was so important for us. Thank you for coming back in Italy and in our Hotel in such different circumstances and I'm glad you have found the same warm atmosphere from our team.
You can count on us!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in September 2012.

It's a pretty standard airport Hilton with good in room internet and comfortable rooms. It's really conveniently located right next to the airport so it's pretty perfect for late night arrival. I didn't fancy the 30 minute cab ride in to Rome so 10 minutes on their special bus service straight to the front desk was great.

Breakfast was pretty steep (EUR18) and pretty basic. Cool waffle iron thing though.

All in all a decent business traveller hotel, but not convenient at all for tourists wanting to explore Rome.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your review and for staying with us. Your comment is really important for us, I'm glad that your experience was overall good, and we will work on all your points in order to improve our performance.
Thank you!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was in the hotel 2 days ago, which is close to the airport, 15min by the free shuttle. (come out on the arrival side of the airport, turn right, go till the number 11 and 12 stand for the bus, the sign of the hotel is there!). Though check-in is at 3pm, we got the room upon arrival, around 1pm. Rooms are very clean, extra bed for my child was ready and comfortable, minimarket works 24 hours a day, so you can by the most necessary staff you forgot athome :) Breakfast and dinner is good value for money. Train from Fiumicino airport reaches Rome in 30 min, so with free shuttle + waiting time and train it takes about an hour or so to reach Termini train station. Worth travelling, especially if flight leaves/arrives in an inconvenient time. I would absolutely suggest it!

Dear Guest,

thank you for the very nice review of the Hotel and the service provided. We do really care about guest feed backs and reviews like yours makes us feel good for what we do on a daily basis.
I hope we can have another opportunity to meet you again in our Hotel for your next visit to Italy!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is the third stay at this hotel, the first two were marked by a long wait at check-in even with elite status. The wake-up calls came once a little late, once a little early. The hotel features very poor food and service if you are not ordering drinks.
The third time we stayed(yes I went back to save some points) I left my mobile phone. My fault for sure. I quickly called Hilton Customer Service who contacted the hotel who said they found my phone but for seven days and five emails refused to arrange for the phone return. Finally at the third contact by HCS, they sent me many forms to fill out and a promise to forward the phone in 2or3days. By this time I replaced the phone and tried to reproduce it's contents
A largely business oriented hotel should understand that nine days to agree to a return of a lost phone is difficult to fathom! The arrogance of their refusal emails was incredible! BEWARE!

Room Tip: There is a Marriott just as close!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business