“Especially good after late night flight arrival at Rome airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel Corsi

Motel Corsi
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Sde Boker, Israel
“Especially good after late night flight arrival at Rome airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We chose to stay the night at the Motel Corsi because our flight was arriving late that evening and we wanted a place a short drive from the airport and on the E80/A12 highway leading in the direction we would take the next day. The hotel met our needs quite well. We had requested a room at the back, away from the traffic, and we had a quiet night's sleep. Even though it was after 11:00 at night, the small bar was open - which was quite welcome as we were dried out from the flight. The breakfast the next morning was quite good, preparing us for our travels that day. If you are arriving on a late flight or departing on an early flight the next day, we recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: room number 30 away from traffic at the back
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dboker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mililani, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

good initial price, but what they dont tell you is that you will pay over 65 euro to get from the airport to the hotel (one way). i requested a shuttle, which they claim to have, but said it wasnt running when i got here at 5pm saturday eve. then you have to pay more for an upper room, which i requested prior to arriving and they quoted me a lower price... and they claim the internet works in all areas, which is false. it works only on the main floor in the lobby. breakfast is not included in the price, you have to pay 8 euros per person, which we declined.

Room Tip: choose another hotel closer to the airport that wont charge as much in taxi fees or that has a shutt...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nichole B
vinci63, Direttore at Motel Corsi, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Nichole Brooks,
I am very sorry for what happened, and for you, who are a big eater, and for us, we do not see recognized our great efforts to satisfy our guests.
Out of respect for our readers, I should point out that some of your observations are incorrect.
With regard to your complaints, I can tell you:
You have not booked the shuttle service by sending an e-mail with your arrival time and flight number, but have requested the service upon arrival, not being available the car, you had to take a public taxi.
The next day you have booked our services as well as find it on time, you've saved 40% on the cost of the public rate.
If you wanted a treatment or a different room you had to do this on arrival.
I remind you that you have booked the 10/05/2013 a room, room only rate economy, through Booking.com, where it is stated that the breakfast has an extra cost of € 8,00 per pax, as indicated in the voucher in your possession.
As for the wi-fi, our whole structure is covered without exclusion of areas.
In our web site and the sites that talk about us and our services, you will not find anything that does not correspond to reality.
I'm sorry that you found evil in our hotel, I hope you still want to accetare our apologies

Travelers are raving about these Fiumicino hotels

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Our family of four stayed here at the end of our trip in August 2011. If you are renting a car and need a place to stay the night before your flight out of Fiumicino, this is a great budget option. The hotel is okay - we had a room facing the back of the hotel, and did not have any problems with noise. It was fine for cleanliness, and the beds were normal for Italy - very firm. On the plus side: very reasonable rates, free parking, the A/C worked and the restaurant across the street. We had a fantastic dinner there. Everyone was eating pasta with truffles. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marina di Vasto, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We rented 2 rooms. One room was on the side of the highway and the other room on the side of the train line. Simply amazing! Cars pass over 1-2 minutes, and trains every 10-15 minutes. Train crash was indescribable. Like sleeping on a train platform. We could not sleep, not to mention our child who is 15 months and probably more nightmares than noise. We paid for the room an extra 10 euros more for the child !?!?!?!?!?! Shame! The room cost 100 euros. The hotel is very far from the airport and even further from Rome. Not to mention how difficult you find it. Although we had GPS navigation.

We arrived after midnight. In the morning we had to hurry not slept for not late for breakfast. We went to 9am. breakfast and there was nothing to eat. Breakfast was disgusting. There were 1-2 thin, translucent slices of bread per person, horrible sausages, cheeses did terrible everything is low quality. The waitress saw that there was nothing to eat safely and was forbidden to bring food after 9am. and just watching us. I forgot to say that the beds were big and wide with clean sheets, but the floor was dirt and covered with human hair.

For service I can say - cold. We arrived late at night. Our friend started pulling documents to the reception and found that his purse with no expensive camera, credit cards and all documents. We are very worried. Assumed that we forgot them at a gas station, located approximately 50 km. We asked the receptionist to give us a phone of this station from the internet. To avoid unnecessary walking 50 km. He refused. We looked bad, although we had a little baby, a lot of luggage and we were tired. He said he could not accommodate our friends in the room without documents of two people. Although the rooms were prepaid and his wife had documents. After many requests just let his wife into the room, and he returned to search the bag. I do not know whether they would allow him to sleep in the room if he had not found a bag with documents. Parking was free which was the only good thing in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank daniela d
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

In the interest of full disclosure, I will mention something which may color my review. The woman at the front desk when we arrived is a dead ringer for my college Italian teacher that I had a crush on. When she smiled and told me that my Italian was very good (it is assuredly not), I was hooked.

We stayed here at the beginning of our trip, deferring our 4 hour drive to Sorrento until the following morning. We were a family group of 14 with two large vans, so the free parking behind the hotel was fantastic. We got great service at check-in, including when I was having problems opening the front door to my room. I was probably, subconsciously, just creating more reasons to talk to the woman at the front desk. The room was plenty big for the four of us, the beds were comfortable, and the air conditioning worked well. After the transatlantic flight, that is really what I cared about.

Later, my dad and I were going to head out to buy some wine for the group. When we asked where we could buy wine, they offered to sell us a bottle (already chilled) for not much more than we would have had to pay if we had gone out. After being awake for the better part of 24 hours, I appreciated not having to go out again. The lovely woman sent us off with a corkscrew and a tray full of wine glasses.

We ate directly across the street at Trattoria Pizzeria da Carlo. Good food and reasonable prices. Next door to the trattoria is a gelateria/pasticceria/tavola calda selling gelato and traditional Italian pastries. It was great to have all of this right across the street. The continental breakfast the next morning was solid as well, with my personal highlight being the Nutella-filled donuts!

The only drawback was that we had a hard time finding the hotel. My GPS unit not much help, and in my sleep-deprived state, I might have missed a turn or two. I'll chalk that up to pilot error. Also, the hotel faces the street, so if you are sensitive to traffic noise, ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street if you are sensitive to traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JDiT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

This motel is a great stopover if you're flying out early in the morning. The ample parking and the easy to find location were very important as we drove in from Umbria in the late afternoon and were ready at that point just to do our final packing and relax. (I do see the complaints about the shuttle service, which did not apply to our situation). The 15 minute drive to the airport is also quite easy. It is modest but comfortable and clean, with a decent buffet breakfast included. The bar is a nice place to sit around and talk or play games if you're traveling with a group. Its low price relative to the other airport hotels makes it a very good value. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The restaurant across the street was good and also convenient for dinner. All in all a great end to a wonderful trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dallmat
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

The hotel is a good 20 minute ride from the airport and cost us 30 euros. The best way to get to the airport fast is to stay close to termini and take the leonardo express train to the airport. The receptionist who registered us did not mention any of the shuttle charges. We were charged 5 euros for a phone call to rome when the previous day we were told that it would cost us only .50 euros. The surroundings are crappy. Would defenitely not come back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple