“Very nice room. Good basic services.no frills.”

and 1 more site!
Amelindo Fiumicino Airport Residence
Delaware, Ohio
“Very nice room. Good basic services.no frills.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The location is nice, In a pleasant neighborhood, but far from airport. Luckily shuttle is free if you can find it. I had to use my cell phone at a $ a minute to call hotel 2x to find it. The girl was snippy , the second time I called, and told me they sent info in email about shuttle location, but that email came after I had left for Europe 18 days previously- so I never received it. The Rooms are very nice, I had asked for 2 beds and got one. Very large, modern rooms, ours had a huge terrace, sitting area, But probably the smallest opening to the corner Shower I have ever seen! It was laughable. Breakfast was basically continental.heres the problem, I had flight problems and needed to contact Delta and Amex Travel, they have no phone service in the room, there's phones but they do not work. So when Amex travel called me back I had to go to the lobby to get the call. Then they were not happy with me, because they have one line and this was their only phone, so they asked me to hang up. I had to ave them. Call me back on my cell at $1.00 a minute. So a good hotel if you do not need any extra services or have an emergency. There is a nice restaurant down the street, RestOrigano, very good food and service.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Deb43015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Loved our stay here. It was handy to the airport in Roma, saved us travelling into the city before our cruise.
The accommodation is like an apartment, with excellent kitchen facilities, cook top, full size fridge etc. Great air con, nice balcony.
Friendly helpful staff.
Efficient shuttle service.
Location has supermarket and several restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca N
Coatesville, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed one night at the Amelindo at Fiumicino Airport prior to leaving for our journey home to NZ and Saudi. Our rooms were large, bright and airy and the lift was gratefully utilised after the haranguing we got from a local taxi driver who soundly abused me for selecting the last taxi instead of the first in line, although all were parked facing the road, so who was to know which was the end and which was the beginning??? And the best part was the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport! What a difference from our arrival in Fiumicino! Maria was extremely helpful with helping with our luggage and directions to local supermarket and restaurant (although the restaurant left a lot to be desired) and obviously had no competition locally!

Room Tip: Both rooms we used were great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very good hotel and a great location for the airport. This is a new hotel, very clean, and a good breakfast. Good AC and a elevator that fits more than 3 people. They need better restaurants in the area which I believe they are addressing. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We liked everything about the stay except for ONE thing. (I'll get to that later)
Free wi-fi, clean and spacious rooms (OH MY!! they are like apartments - even has a kitchenette), complimentary breakfast with variety of choices.. all were impressive BUT!!

The shuttle service had not clearly informed me of the meeting point and left us stranded. I told the lady that I will be taking the 8:30pm bus to arrive at the airport from Rome. Logically, it would make sense to give 45min+ for the bus ride. Well, she sent the shuttle for our pickup at 9pm, the driver left since we weren't there at 9. We arrived at the pickup point at 9:20pm and after several phone calls, we got picked up at 10:30pm. And when I expressed my discomfort of this situation, all the lady at the front said was that I should understand because this is "free" and "complimentary" shuttle service.

My advice to you is - make sure you know where the meeting point at the airport is, and be ready to wait if the shuttle doesn't show.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LE_BE53
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had chosen this hotel for a one night stay before our morning flight back home based on TA reviews and we were pleased to be greeted early afternoon by curteous and helpful staff. This "hotel" airport has everything you may be looking for: free airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast, free wi-fi, clean rooms and common areas, comfortable beds, large TV screen, free parking. This hotel is brand new and it shows. Very reasonable rates to top it off makes it a sure bet.

The only negative point about the hotel would be its location, as it the area could be nicer, but still it is close to many restaurants and shops. One warning note: it may not be a suitable departing point to visit Rome if you don't have a car.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vezich
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose this hotel because we had an early departure and needed to be close to the airport. Very clean and very modern - not a lot of clutter - so packing was very easy. Pots and pans available in our kitchen for a soup dinner at night. Reliable shuttle that picked us up from airport after we dropped off our rental and then took us back to airport in the morning. For what we used it for, it was perfect. Not the kind of place i would want to stay in for a week though!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family