“Perfect place to situate yourself prior to an early morning flight” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amelindo Fiumicino Airport Residence

and 1 more site!
Amelindo Fiumicino Airport Residence
Frederick, Maryland
“Perfect place to situate yourself prior to an early morning flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose this hotel because we had an early departure and needed to be close to the airport. Very clean and very modern - not a lot of clutter - so packing was very easy. Pots and pans available in our kitchen for a soup dinner at night. Reliable shuttle that picked us up from airport after we dropped off our rental and then took us back to airport in the morning. For what we used it for, it was perfect. Not the kind of place i would want to stay in for a week though!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank crocuslover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Taupo, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We wanted somewhere near the airport for an early start, and we couldn't have chosen a better place. English speaking staff a real bonus. Free airport pickup and drop-off a big bonus and one less thing to have to arrange. Excellent directions for the airport meeting point received from the hotel. Excellent modern and spacious top floor studio room (larger than some one bedroom apartments), huge deck, real value for money. Not many shops nearby but fabulous pizzeria/restaurant recommended 200m away and would eat there again. Excellent food at reasonable prices. Beach a short walk away if this sounds like you too. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blingbabes
maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I chose this hotel because I am traveling alone and I just need a clean and convenient place to sleep as my flight leaves just after 6 am in the morning. The free airport shuttle was the deciding factor to choose this hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel sent me instructions with pictures where to find the "meeting point" for the hotel shuttle. The instructions assumed I took the train to The Rome airport but in fact I took the bus from Termini station because it is only 4 euro compared to 14 euro for the train

I tried to follow the instructions to find the "meeting point" but they had pictures and I could not match up the pictures with what I was seeing outside of the airport terminal. There were two green buildings that look almost identical. I could not find the driver. I saw no shuttles with hotel names on them. I went back inside the terminal to look for a WiFi hotspot......there are none.

Coming from the US, I did not have a phone for Italy. I do most of my communicating via email but that was impossible. I found a kind person who used their phone to call the hotel reception desk.....but there was no answer. The phone just rang and rang and rang. After one hour and forty five minutes walking around trying to find the shuttle bus drivers I finally gave up and negotiated a taxi. The taxi ride was 20 euro for a 15 minute ride.

When I got to the hotel, I was very disappointed in how it looked from the outside. Very, very basic and unattractive. The girl at reception saw me get out of the taxi. She turned her back and went inside leaving me to hoist my luggage up about 5 steps to the landing.

The room is clean and very sparse....but I do not need much. I will only be here about 8 hours total now that lost so much time At the airport. They do have free wifi which is very important to me.

I have to return to the Rome airport in one week for my final return flight to the United States. I do not think I will choose this hotel. I will stick to the name brands. This hotel is just a small privately owned place with limited staff. If you don't have a local phone, then I would not choose any hotel that is small. None of the taxi drivers recognized the name of the hotel.

Room Tip: This is just a travelers hotel.....do not plan to spend much time here.....just to sleep. Have a ph...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My partner & I stayed here for 1 night after our 6 week European holiday before our flight back to Australia and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. We chose the 1 Bedroom Apartment which was large and spacious enough for us to re-pack and organise our luggage prior to coming home. The rates were very reasonable and the service was exceptional with a complimentary shuttle pick up from to Fiumicino Airport. There was also a pizzeria located right next door where we grabbed takeaway for dinner.
I won't hesitate to stay here again when next I visit Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank journeywithjezriel
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed one night on arrival at Fiumicino. We were driving and it was a little bit hard to find late at night, but once we found it we were very happy with the quality of the accommodation and the price we paid. Very efficient and helpful staff - run by a lady who lived in Australia for 25 years so speaking English is no problem. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was more than adequate with helpful staff again. We didn't use the kitchen facilities, but there were there if you had a longer stay. We had 2 rooms and both were excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SeashellsSL
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

After just spending time in Rome, Florence, Venice, Munich, Milan and Nice at a variety of different places we needed a place close to FCO airport. The Amelindo residences turned out to be an awesome place. It was extremely clean, comfortable, well kept and tastefully decorated. Parking is free and breakfast is free. There is also a free shuttle to the airport. It is very apparent that the owner cares about this place. There is attention to every detail. The gal at the front desk was friendly and helpful and speaks several different languages. The rooms are safe and reasonably priced. There is an elevator. Across the street from the Amelindo is a pizza restaurant that is reasonably priced and delicious. I am so glad we stayed here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank HappyWanderers5
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed 1 night with my hubby and 3 year old and 1 year old.

pros: spacious, clean, modern bedroom. Has a balcony, large flat screen, full kitchen, electric shutters. Complimentary breakfast includes scarmbled eggs, coldcuts, cheese, toast, cereal, jam, pastris like croisssant and chocolate croissant, juices, milk, coffee, fruits, tomatos, cucumbers...pretty good variety. Hotel has a lift and complimentary shuttle service to and from airport. Bathroom has soap and shampoo with dental kit and hygiene kits available too.

cons: biggest con is that you can hear everything from your room... you hear people in neighboring rooms coughing, flushing the toilet, sneezing, using the shower... and worst of all, there are dogs living in residences just next door and howled ALL NIGHT LONG and the windows and balcony door did not muffle any of it out. I had the worst sleep of the trip at this hotel and I needed it the most before flying 9 hours with my littles ones.

Recommendation: nice hotel to stay at, but not good for light sleepers... bring earplugs!

Room Tip: bring earplugs!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family