“Our vacation”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
Macon, Georgia
“Our vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 10 days. The staff are fantastic, they treated us like family. I had good wifi and I got used to the European style breakfast. I traveled the city at first on foot and then I learned the bus routes and even though I bought tickets at the Tobacco shop I never was asked for them. We also were only a hundred yards or so from the beach, Many excellent restaurants close to the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed facing the court yard, loved it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jefftullius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We (family of four) found it to be very quiet and peaceful after a long overseas flight from Canada.
Pros:
Quiet, which made for sleeping in very easy to do.
Friendly, helpful staff. Very helpful and all speak some level of English.
The room was sizeable for us which was good for two teenage daughters.
The breakfast was adequate and varied with fresh fruit, yoghurt, breads and meats as well as cheese.
Cons:
The furthest hotel from Fiumicino centre made for a long walk to see anything.
Centralized heating that did not come on until around 8:00 pm or so. Made for a chilly afternoon nap.
Where our room was (farthest from reception) the wifi was very weak or non-existent.
Overall, we would stay here again, but we would rent a car for better mobility.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gerald A
Brussels
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I travel extensively, so I am somwehat suprised by the high ratings of this hotel. I would consider it adequate for an overnight stay which is what I did. The rooms was large enough and there was a mini-bar and wifi - it seemed clean but there certainly wasn't any "Wow" factor. The walls are absolutley paper thin - I could clearly here the fellow next door moving about and blowing his nose - so hope fopr a quiet neighbour.
The fellow at the front desk spoke very good English, but seemed quite disinterested - when asked if there are any good restaurants on the beach (fishing for a recommendation) - the response was simply "yes". Guess I'll have to be more direct next time.
The hotel certainly is not centrally located, but it is only a block from the beach which is noce to walk upon. Numerous restaurants on the beach front, but certainly no access to shopping.
We didn't take advantage of the shuttle as we had a rental car, but the price for the shuttle does seem quite steep given the distance you're travelling.
For an overnighter on route to the airport it serves its purpose, but don't expect any extras.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Vilvoorde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a very good choice if you need an airport hotel for Rome Fiumicino Airport. The hotel is very basic, but it is clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous. I felt very welcome here. There is free WiFi and breakfast is included in the room rate. The hotel is in a residential area only a few blocks from the sea. There is an airport shuttle bus (Station 19) which runs every hour and costs 6 euro each way. It takes about 15 minutes. A taxi offered to take me there for 60 euro (so beware and do not do it).

The hotel is not luxurious, but it is excellent value for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank ChaseWL
Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our stay here was just overnight before flying out of Rome at 9am the next day. We had to return our hire car to the airport in the afternoon, and then we had booked a transfer from the airport to the BW Riviera, as well as the transfer for the following morning. The transfer rate was 12 Euro for two people each way, and it was in a minibus with friendly drivers both ways. The hotel reception staff are very efficient and helpful. We booked the suite online (No. 501) and were happy to have a large room for doing the last minute packing. Travellers everywhere know what we mean! We did notice a bit of dust in the corners on the skirting boards, but the bed linen and towels were fine.
The bathroom was also a good size, and the huge terrace outside would be a plus in the summertime. The room had views of the coastline, which again would be more pleasant in nicer weather. Breakfast is abundant but quality is average, there is a big choice with cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and croissants. It is a do-it-yourself affair with guests making their own coffee too. The tables though are too small for two people. At walking distance there are at least two restaurants for good dining, we enjoyed our dinner at one of those (see separate review).
We would stay here again as the online tariff is very convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aussies11
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I were heading out on a Mediterranean Cruise in November, and needed to stay in a hotel the day before the ship sailed. We landed at the Best Western about 10 minutes from the airport. They provide airport transport. I thought it would be confusing to find the pick up spot. Calling the hotel a few days before we landed in Italy, the front desk man was super friendly and helpful and told us exactly how to get to the pick up spot. It went flawlessly! The hotel itself is very close to the beach and we really enjoyed walking along the boardwalk, and buying some wine, cheese and bread from the local vendors and taking it back to the hotel. The continental breakfast the next morning was very good and the cappucino was amazing! Friendly, homey, and a great location. I'd like to go back and stay there for a family holiday sometime in the summer and see it in it's finest....

Room Tip: For some reason, we were on the top floor with a huge room and balcony...it was beautiful but too bi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank dana r
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

On September 27th I had an early flight the next day so I booked this hotel with a short stay in mind. For my delight this hotel was very clean, organized and lovely. The best part of my stay was the excellent attention from the Riviera staff. They helped me out and made me feel very comfortable at the hotel. Mr. Vincenzo was very kind and available for any help I needed. I will recommend this place to all my friends who wish to stay at Fiumicino or in the area near by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo